who sired this calf

Help Support CattleToday:

fenceman

Reaction score

I raised this Brangus cow. The red calf has three possible fathers. Due to a arraignment with hunters and his dob. The primary bull a 3 year old registered Angus. Never has produced any thing but black or black wf . No matter what the cow. Curly Bill.
A yearling Brangus bull. This cow s half brother. Swagger
A yearling beefmaster bull. We'll call him ..gone to town.

I vote for either the Brangus or the beefmaster. I have a tigerstripe cow that was from two purebred black brangus parents. Apparently it happens.

With the red carrier sometimes not showing up very often it could be any of them. Plus the cow is also hetero black. So there is a good chance her brother is also. The angus bull should have (RC) on his papers if he's a red carrier.

Red Bull Breeder":1n5ehiew said:
The older the calf gets the darker he will get. He is close enough to black for most folks.
Sure, to be honest it doesn't matter to much. I dont have plans for him. He doesn't fit with what the angus bull produced. Im pretty sure he's off one of the younger bulls. The brangus i still have .i. Think this may be my first calf out of him. I was kinda hoping one of the genetic experts might have a educated guess. I can't find anything rc on papers. Thanks to all for your time

My Brangus calves go through a faze when they are that color red, then shed out black. However they do not have the light color bum like your calf does. So I am going to say the Beefmaster did the deed. :D

greybeard":273dwp15 said:
Just name it Dolezal and pretend it's black. :hide:

Wife just walked out of the house to leave for work. Caught me sitting out here on the 4 wheeler laughing like a idiot. She just shook her head, got in car and left. Dam I hope she comes back. Thanks gb

Ears look a little short for Beefmaster. Legs are not as long either. That red color will probably turn black as he gets older.

cowgirl8":7ow87szv said:
That calf is black, not red...

Well its ain't black like they other 3 dozen or so off that angus bull.

Brangus cowgirl I think may have nailed it. That blond patch on it its butt , haddent thought about , but that Now makes me think beefmaster

Your cows are all different so its going to be hard to tell what bull any of them are out of.
This is our heifers calves for this year. Both bulls are almost identical reg LBW angus, full blood. Heifers are going to be mostly angus, 75% or more......This is what we got.

fenceman":1x7bqtuy said:
Nice set of calves
Thanks for your opinion. :tiphat:
Set of calves is nothing to brag about..lol...except for the 3 bred by the ultra black, the angus calves are dinky...Had the same amount of calves in this pen from our old cow herd and they filled it. We dont ever expect to get much from heifers, some years are good, some arent.
Your cow looks to have red in her, that matters on how red a black calf will get before they shed. We've spent the last 20 years turning our red herd black. About 95% there. I have no guess as to what bull this calf is out of, just stated it was black...

Latest posts