Who should i root for in NASCAR this year?

Help Support CattleToday:

Who to root for

• Jimmie Johnson

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Chase Elliott

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Kyle Larson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Martin Truex JR.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Other

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
I've pretty much given up on NASCAR, to political with all the debris cautions, and changing the points system I can't keep. Tying to appease the Millennials can ruin anything.

Ryan Newman. He's from Indiana and seems to be a no BS kind of guy, but mainly because his wife is the best looking one on pit road, without working at it. I haven't watched a race in several years, and I don't look for that to change anytime soon.

I've always rooted for Kevin Harvick. I catch bits and pieces of a race or two a year but like M-5 don't devote my Sunday afternoons to Nascar anymore. Haven't been to a race in 10+ years.

Farm Fence Solutions":2cwixxqy said:
Ryan Newman. He's from Indiana and seems to be a no BS kind of guy, but mainly because his wife is the best looking one on pit road, without working at it. I haven't watched a race in several years, and I don't look for that to change anytime soon.
Been rooting fo Ryan Newman for years. Hope he gets some wins this year.

MRRherefords":3qf1al1d said:
I have been a Matt Kenseth fan since 2004 and am now at a loss for who to root for. Any thought?
A shame about Matt....he can out drive most on any given day and is a good guy. Felt sure someone would sign him but sure he doesn't want to drive for some underfunded team that does nothing but start and park.

They just don't race like they used to.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/Wo0YYpVysXY[/youtube]

Been a Matt Kenseth fan for years, even when he raced on the short tracks in Wisconsin , and Martin before him, I like Newman also, wish he was on a better team. It's hard to pick out of the drivers left, maybe Kyle Busch. :hide:

It's getting pretty boring. I don't think the best guys are out there b/c you have to bring your own sponsorship to the table. How many guys does that keep off the track that could really whip a car around? And honestly, the majority of tracks are really boring. Daytona, Talladega, Martinsville and Bristol are about the most exciting. Everything else is just too flat and sweeping to do anything but let them space out and turn laps.

NASCAR died with Dale Sr. died. That was the end of his generation and the beginning of the pretty boy, vanilla crew.

I liked watching Ryan Blaney in the 21 car. Good to see the Wood Brothers back in victory lane. I like going to Bristol, mainly because I live pretty close to the track.

HDRider":2cnsjbuy said:
They just don't race like they used to.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/Wo0YYpVysXY[/youtube]

I don't know if he could even win a race these days. Been a lot of changes and he never appeared to be one thta handled changes well.......a lot of guys too that can drive just as good or better than him

f150fatboy":2i1uw1lz said:
I liked watching Ryan Blaney in the 21 car. Good to see the Wood Brothers back in victory lane. I like going to Bristol, mainly because I live pretty close to the track.
He seems like an awfully good young man. Proper upbringing I expect.

Not really sure how much the qualifying race means this week, other than starting position, 40 cars entered and 40 cars will start, remember when there were over 60 cars trying to make the race, so much for the Superbowl of stock car racing.

haase":1e08b2uo said:
Not really sure how much the qualifying race means this week, other than starting position, 40 cars entered and 40 cars will start, remember when there were over 60 cars trying to make the race, so much for the Superbowl of stock car racing.

It's gotten too expensive. My folks watch NHRA and they've been saying that the classes are never full. Racing is a dying sport, younger folks just don't care and it costs too much to participate.

Latest posts