Who picks your movies

Help Support CattleToday:

plumber_greg

Reaction score
Today, I sent back after 52 days of laying on the cabinet, my UNWATCHED netflix movies that my wife of 34 years picked out. Am I being predjudice by saying that I cannot relate to someone that lives in Harlem, and falls in love with Carl, and tries to rise above their upbringing?
I like movies that someone is killed, is a hero, or goes to outerspace. I am a Treckie, I gotta' admit.
My wife says that those movies are "stupid" and not worth watching. My argument is why pay for a movie that no one is gonna' watch, instead of getting a movie that is "stupid".
She probably hasn't sit down and watched a movie for a year, maybe more. She says yeah, but if I wanna' watch a movie I don't want it to be "stupid".
So, do the rest of the women on the board think it is better to pay for "stupid" movies that no one watches, or is it better to pay for "stupid" movies that are watched?

I pick our Netflix, but if I'm gonna be away from home, I try to line up movies hubs will like that I don't wanna see.
Our bone of contention on movies is that we never seem to make it to the theater for the ones I'd like to see, but if he gets excited about one, we magically find the time. Go figure!

I pick ours, but sometimes the wife will suggest something. Luckily, our taste in movies is pretty similar most of the time. But I do something like farmwriter does sometimes. If the wife is going to be at a show some weekend I'll try and line one up that I know only i would like.

My wife orders most but she sort of knows what I like too....a few months ago we finished watching "The Tudors" which was a Showtime Seriew about Henry VIII. Took a while to get into it but it ended up being very good and ticked my curiosity so now I'm reading books about the Tudor dynasty in England.

Personally I enjoy westerns and just about anything that was in a series, ie: Roots, The Thornbirds, etc.

My wife brings home movies from time to time, can't remember the last time I actually watched one of them.

I am the trekie. Well Startrek Voyager anyway. I bought 24 startrek Voyager videos on Monday for 50 cents each.

I know what movies hubby likes. Action. I will watch most movies except horror. Hubby is easy to pick for and as I like action as well it is not a problem. Papa will watch horror, so he knows the movies I don't like and hubby watches them there and not here.

We all like horse movies. Papa is right into westerns.

Hey, SQ. The Voyager series was the best, ending kinda sucked tho'. I got to play in a golf tourn. with a gal on the Deep Space Nine series. She stayed around a couple of months with my vet friend and helped us work cattle and played golf with me. First experence with a movie star. I mean being around one, not an actual experence. gs

TexasBred":3cg7nt53 said:
My wife orders most but she sort of knows what I like too....a few months ago we finished watching "The Tudors" which was a Showtime Seriew about Henry VIII. Took a while to get into it but it ended up being very good and ticked my curiosity so now I'm reading books about the Tudor dynasty in England.

Personally I enjoy westerns and just about anything that was in a series, ie: Roots, The Thornbirds, etc.

I don't watch movies much. Most of them are trivial trash. Historical stuff I like but I want the movie to be mostly true to the facts and not some directors ego piece. I'll have to look for that "Tudors" movie, TB. Old Henry VIII had it made. Every man should have a tower of London for the women who have displeased him. :lol:

Latest posts