Who of sane mind

Help Support CattleToday:

cross_7

Reaction score
Would knowingly return to this ?
Who would want to stay knowing your going to have months of this ?
And it's worse than the picture shows, it doesn't show the dirt in your eyes, ears, nose and evertmything else
The howling wind noise, hanging onto your hat, the gritty taste of everything
Yea I must love it

I've got a ranch in Oklahoma that has lots of things I need to be doing but I'm riding out a sand storm in west Texas, but I ain't bitter about it :lol:

I was in that mess last week. I couldnt get any pictures that would tell the true story of how it was. I think you have to be born there to wanna live there.

Craig Miller":mq2xuyp3 said:
I was in that mess last week. I couldnt get any pictures that would tell the true story of how it was. I think you have to be born there to wanna live there.

Yep and this aint a bad one, when the street lights come on in the middle of the day cause the dirt blocks out the sun is a bad one
I was born to it, but my dad claimed it wasn't good for anything but cotton farming and we left but family always brought us back
My family and job keeps me coming back, don't guess I'll ever get used to it

Kind of like one of those places that makes you cry twice...once when you get there and again when you leave?

I've seen it rain mud out in that same region.
The first time it happened was at night and when I looked out at my cars next morning, I thought someone had played a prank and dumped a 5 gal of thin mud all over my car.

Cross, the grass is always greener. Maybe not :lol2: But I do have some similar looking pictures of pollen. I have traveled all over this nation. There are many places I have thought I would like to plant roots but I'm always drawn back to where I am now. I reckon that I had deep roots already. I love that I've had opportunity to see so much. It doesn't matter where I go or how much I like the scenery and other qualities, I am always happy when I see these Ouachita hills. Sane is as sane does

Or you could live here, coldest longest winter in 80 years, with today' temperature with windchill equalling -51.... Cold as Mars again.

We have been colder than the Yukon. These pics were taken about 25 minutes, back road driving south of us. My bus route is not this bad, but has a road closed sign on one of my roads, and drifts at the side of the road higher than my school bus because they had a cat in pushing it out.

I want spring now

Farmers are entering calving season, and for the last month pouring any type of cow feed into the so as to not lose condition.
Hubby is glad we are down to 15 cows...getting out sort of.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

I would worry more about twisters than dust, blows my mind why anyone would stay out there knowing there's a big chance of getting blown away.

Calhoun Farm":1tcutxhn said:
I would worry more about twisters than dust, blows my mind why anyone would stay out there knowing there's a big chance of getting blown away.
It's not always that bad. Matter of fact that's the exception rather than the rule. Most days you can see forever.

I guess every geographic area has it's downfall. Here it's August heat, and late winter mud. I will have to say that picture looks uninviting. Maybe it ain't so bad here after all.

Calhoun Farm":18jch8av said:

Comes down to what you're used to I guess. I'd take a twister any day over the northern winter, the California quake, or the East Coast/urban battle zone. It would be nice if they had a little more warning like a hurricane.