Who likes the new format for the Classifieds

Help Support CattleToday:

Michelle Pankonien

Reaction score
Hello,

Was just wondering if very many people liked the new format for the Classifieds section, it was really user friendly before, now with all the password crud it is just a pain in the but, and frustrating to boot, and I wonder if it is getting the same traffic as before, how have been the results for those of you out there who do post, I know the results I have not gotten tell me the format is not working near as well as it used to

Hope all is well, much better now that the election process is over,

Hi Michelle!

The reason for the registration requirement for the Classifieds is to control spammers and scammers. You are I am sure familiar with the "Nigerian" scam where the scammer offers to send you a cashiers check for more than your purchase price and wants you to wire the difference to a friend for "shipping". Needless to say the check is forged and you would be out your hard earned money.

Scammers usually won't register and can easily be blocked after one email if they do. Registration, like airport security checks, is just one of the things we have to put up with because not everybody in the world is nice.

With the old ad software over half of the inquires about ads were scams. Now very few. We have had well over 600 new ads since August 16th. A substantial increase over the old ads.

Also if you try the new "Search" you will find it much easer to find what you are looking for, including how close they are to your ZIP code. Plus if you want to spend $15 your ad stays at the top of it's catagory and gets about 10 times the number of views.

But I would like some other people's experiences with the new format, good and bad. I can cut off the registration requirement for inquires if that's what Users want.

http://agads.net/

M Gravlee":3uoia0dj said:
With the old ad software over half of the inquires about ads were scams. Now very few.

Plus if you want to spend $15 your ad stays at the top of it's catagory and gets about 10 times the number of views.

But I would like some other people's experiences with the new format, good and bad.

http://agads.net/

I know that I got several scam responses.
I would prefer to spend 1he $15.00 to keep an ad at the top.

I don't like it at all-I used to be able to post ads but when my last ones expired Ihave never been able to log back in and post an ad. I finally gave up. Every time I try to log in I'm told that my username is incorrect and nothing has changed so I can't figure it out.

Once I got re-registered, it worked fine. I was able to edit my ad and change photos at the same time. You can also check to see how many hits your ad has gotten, and I like that. It's always hard to change formats, but I think this works better than the old way. (Now if someone would just buy the other bull, life would be great!)

I noticed when I first started reading the old CT posts from late Dec & Jan that many members didn't like the change, but after getting used to them, they were mostly in favor of the change.
The same thing will probaly happen here.

I'm with Michelle.. I don't care for the new format at all. I don't like the ads that stay at the top.. generally we've all read them before, and have to scroll waaayyy down to get to the new ones. I haven't posted since the new format, so I can't tell you about response.

The "nigerian" scam isn't just on the cattle pages.. the horse internet classifieds get the same ones.

Rustler9":52klgeu9 said:
I don't like it at all-I used to be able to post ads but when my last ones expired Ihave never been able to log back in and post an ad. I finally gave up. Every time I try to log in I'm told that my username is incorrect and nothing has changed so I can't figure it out.

Totally new software. You have to re-register again. Your old login doesn't work. Sorry.

I don't like the ads that stay at the top.. generally we've all read them before, and have to scroll waaayyy down to get to the new ones.

From an advertisers standpoint it's great. Where else can you get 1796 prospective buyers to look at an ad for British White calves for $15? :D

http://agads.com/

M Gravlee":25zempwe said:
From an advertisers standpoint it's great. Where else can you get 1796 prospective buyers to look at an ad for British White calves for $15? :D

http://agads.com/
People spend much more than this in breed publications and don't get near the audience.

Hi Macon,

I didn't have any trouble with the $15.00, or the fact that the featured adds stay at the top, I just found the format difficult and when I use the same password and it doesn't work I get frustrated, and I am not always on my home computer when I have a free minute to place an add so the sending it to my home e-mail does not help me, agai8n very frustrating,

Yes I can say I know about and have had dealings with the Nigerian scamers but I was really lucky and informed the FBI asap and told the scammer to stick it in his ear and deal with the FBI if he had a problem with it, and ofcourse a snow storm and heavy rain made any thought of picking up cattle impossable, at least from my ranch, I thank God for his intervention on my behalf

I will try to become more proficient with the new software

Michelle

Latest posts