Who keeps their tack neat?

Help Support CattleToday:

My tack is the only thing I own that is always neat. I want everything just so so that if I need to slap a saddle on and go right now I don't have to think.

I actually like everything to have order to it. I suspicion, I might have OCD. No joke actually.

Bigfoot":bfetdfy5 said:
I actually like everything to have order to it. I suspicion, I might have OCD. No joke actually.
Bigfoot, I think almost every picture you have posted has been a model of perfection. From your fences, outbuildings, etc. You may be OCD. I know a few people who are, and neatness is a trait they all share. I have only known it to be a handicap with one person. 20 years I had a supervisor that called me at 6am on a Sunday. He wanted me to drive to the airport (an hour round trip), to make sure the propellers on the company plane were both clocked the same. He hated if they didn't stop oriented exactly the same. Stuff like that caused him sleepless nights

I don't do really outwardly OCD things. For instance I personally know someone that taps a light switch 7 times when they turn it off, saying off out loud every time. I do line things up, obsess over small details, that sort of thing. This isn't a cry for help, but I really would like to stop. It's probably the only thing my wife and I have trouble over. I see putting the milk back in the refrigerator with the label facing out as the only logical choice. She does not.

I have successfully beat the ocd neatness disorder. Start small with just laying a wrench down and walking away. It's hard but with time you can be successful also.

M5farm":h8enyktl said:
I have successfully beat the ocd neatness disorder. Start small with just laying a wrench down and walking away. It's hard but with time you can be successful also.

We joke so much, I never know when we're serious. Did you really beat it?

Bigfoot":8otjod6o said:
M5farm":8otjod6o said:

We joke so much, I never know when we're serious. Did you really beat it?

LOL, It was lighthearted. In my younger years It was bad cause everything had to be perfect. Kids, age, time has a way of making little things not as important. I still do some t things that most would consider OCD. For years my shop and tools had a specific place and now it completely opposite. About twice a year I will put everything back in the tool boxes the rest of the time the tools are all piled on a table. I know where everything is though. I still check gates and doors multiple times. Crooked pictures drive me nuts.

I don't think everything in life should be obsessively organized.... but there's nothing wrong with specific areas of one's life being OCD. The milk in the fridge might be a little much (lol), but workspaces and tack rooms sure aren't.

I'm a little OCD about the kitchen and other living spaces I spend a lot of time in being clean and organized - at least when I'm living by myself. When my roommate is in town or I'm not on an externship.... I've learned to be comfortable with it not being perfect. Working 80 hours a week or working the overnight shift fixes some OCD tendencies too. lol. :p

Bigfoot":1mp6aja2 said:
I don't do really outwardly OCD things. For instance I personally know someone that taps a light switch 7 times when they turn it off, saying off out loud every time. I do line things up, obsess over small details, that sort of thing. This isn't a cry for help, but I really would like to stop. It's probably the only thing my wife and I have trouble over. I see putting the milk back in the refrigerator with the label facing out as the only logical choice. She does not.
Turn it the other direction on purpose a few times. Make a point to make yourself do it differently.

Used to work with a feller that was ocd in a bad way. Hours of entertainment that feller was. Used to go in his office while he was at lunch and twist his phone cord a bit. Move his office chair a few inches. He would spend the next 10 minutes cleaning and making sure his office was how it should be.

LRTX1":3kemjast said:
Used to work with a feller that was ocd in a bad way. Hours of entertainment that feller was. Used to go in his office while he was at lunch and twist his phone cord a bit. Move his office chair a few inches. He would spend the next 10 minutes cleaning and making sure his office was how it should be.
The manager of one of my dairies has it but has it beat into submission so it only comes out in certain little quirks. Messing with him has almost made me OCD. My day is just not complete if I don't get to move the stapler in his office six inches out of place. It's the first thing I do when I walk into the office. He also has a pen on a chain that has to be coiled just so... I make sure that it's not...
Me and one secretary(who is just as bad as me) are the only people besides him that have access to that office so you would think he'd figure out that we're messing with him but we can even do it while he's in the room and he just keeps putting it back in order every time he turns around.

Latest posts