Who Is/Who Isn't - Need a program

Help Support CattleToday:

Dega Moo

Reaction score
So it's pretty clear that certain journalists don't just lean left or right but fell completely that way, leaving no question as to their political bend. At one time, I would have said Bill O'Reilly was plenty conservative but over the last few months, I just don't know. He supports raising the minimum wage and I've heard him say some things that sound suspiciously liberal. I know Chris Mathews is liberal and so is that Anderson guy. But what about everyone else? Who's truly a conservative and who's a conservative in name only? I'm wondering about Beck after his recent musings. Is he a true conservative or what? Who do you think is a true conservative and who's not so much?

Gotta be a journalist?? Good luck. I think Beck is just riding the money wave. I enjoy Laura Ingraham when she fills in for O'Reilly. Enjoy Mark Davis down this way on talk radio.

Dega Moo":5rbi30o9 said:
So it's pretty clear that certain journalists don't just lean left or right but fell completely that way, leaving no question as to their political bend. At one time, I would have said Bill O'Reilly was plenty conservative but over the last few months, I just don't know. He supports raising the minimum wage and I've heard him say some things that sound suspiciously liberal. I know Chris Mathews is liberal and so is that Anderson guy. But what about everyone else? Who's truly a conservative and who's a conservative in name only? I'm wondering about Beck after his recent musings. Is he a true conservative or what? Who do you think is a true conservative and who's not so much?

Problem is that the definition of "conservative" keeps shifting. Used to mean someone who felt government should have a minimal role in people's private business. Now, that is often quite accurately labelled a "liberal" position. Someone that is fiscally conservative (like me) can also be fairly progressive on social issues--to me, this is consistent. So, I don't pay much attention to labels...or talking heads on TV.

TexasBred":3khupj9k said:
Gotta be a journalist?? Good luck. I think Beck is just riding the money wave. I enjoy Laura Ingraham when she fills in for O'Reilly. Enjoy Mark Davis down this way on talk radio.
Yeah that's a bit constraining. Let's say someone in the media, reporting arena.

I really enjoy Charles Krauthammer but he only gets to give a bit of commentary occasionally. Certainly doesn't pull any punches and calls an a$$ and a$$.

slick4591":lvv61e3q said:
I think Beck is a constitutionalist.
Slick would you explain what you mean by a "constitutionalist"? I don't like to make assumptions anyway but I'm not really sure what you're meaning. Thanks.

Dega Moo":4n3fomxd said:
slick4591":4n3fomxd said:
I think Beck is a constitutionalist.
Slick would you explain what you mean by a "constitutionalist"? I don't like to make assumptions anyway but I'm not really sure what you're meaning. Thanks.

As I understand it...

A person that believes the government should be operated under the strict guidelines of the Constitution. They do not believe that any one party or person should have power stronger than another. In theory a minority would not exist and we would live in a pure democracy.

If you haven't heard of this guy, you are missing out. Very sharp Constitutional radio personality.

Mark Levin-
Levin worked in the administration of President Ronald Reagan and was a chief of staff for Attorney General Edwin Meese. He is president of the Landmark Legal Foundation, has authored five books and contributes commentary to various media outlets such as National Review Online.

http://www.marklevinshow.com/

Latest posts