WHO IS THE BEST POLLED HERFORD BULL IN THE BREED!

Help Support CattleToday:

Hill Creek Farm":2ioi80v7 said:
I would like to read your comments on who just really is the Captain of the team in the Hereford Breed? :D

I know better than to put my dog in this fight.
Here goes I prefer Braxton Giant's old line out of New Zealand.

I find that the majority of the bulls we use have either Feltons 517 or Feltons Domino 774. Don't know about best, but they work for us

dun

Hill Creek Farm":8njer91k said:
I would like to read your comments on who just really is the Captain of the team in the Hereford Breed? :D

Is that your bull in the avatar?

I have several favorite bulls. My heart says the best was JTJ Buckshot 7B, a relatively unknown bull here in OK that was put down at the age of 15. He sure sired some good sons and daughters, all natural service, never was collected.

My head says Feltons 517, PW Victor Boomer P606, several RHF Victors including 103T, Vindicator, MW LLL Farley 24F, VCR EAST Kodiak, Keynote 20X, and a number of others would have to be up there. Jim Reed told me that the best values for the money in his catalog were Vindicator and Energizer, siring good replacement females. A Maine-Anjou breeder who also did AI work said the best Hereford bull in his opinion was Boyd Heavy Hitter. He said he could drive through a pasture and point out the Heavy Hitter calves.

The Braxton Giant bull sure looks good, and Campground has had good success with those bloodlines. I'm thinking about trying some myself.