Who is responsible for heifer's pregnancy if it got into a pasture with neighboring bull?

Help Support CattleToday:

The Longhorns owner should sue the Devons owner. His bull has possibly been unfairly exposed to trichinosis. Bet the Devon even crossed the down fence own her own with no help from the bull. Poor bull couldn't say no. It's the Devons fault. She is just too promiscuous. :lol2:

Dave":3lnvywr8 said:
This wanton hussy of a heifer invaded the longhorns pasture and corrupted this young bull. The LH bull owner can no longer sell the bull as a virgin thus his value has lowered. I believe the heifer owner is liable for this decrease in value.
I disagree. Sell him on craigslist and call him a proven breeder and he's worth twice as much. Charge the devon owner for calving ease stud fee and problem solved!

Son of Butch":2qk7jaa7 said:
Reminded me of a similar problem that happened between some neighbors a awhile back except in that case it was one neighbors daughter and the other neighbors son.
:lol:

Barry Farmer got into his Toyota 4 by 4 and drove to the neighbouring ranch and knocked at the door. A young boy, Neil, aged about 9, opened the door.

'Is yer Dad home?' Barry demanded.
'No, sir, he ain't,' Neil replied. 'He went into town.'

'Well, then,' inquired Barry, 'is yer Mom here?'
'No, sir, she ain't here neither. She went into town with Dad.'

'How about your brother? Is he here?'
'He went with Mom and Dad,' explained Neil patiently.

Barry Farmer stood there for a few seconds, shifting from one foot to the other and muttering to himself.

'Is there anything I can do fer ya?' Neil asked politely. 'I know where all the tools are, if you want to borrow one. Or maybe I could take a message fer Dad.'

'Well, it's difficult,' answered Barry uncomfortably, 'I really wanted to talk to yer Dad. It's about your brother getting my daughter pregnant.'

Neil considered for a moment, 'You would have to talk to Pa about that,' he finally conceded. 'If it helps you any, I know that Pa charges $600 for the bull and $60 for the hog, but I really don't know how much he gets fer Howard.'

Nesikep":2zz5qiha said:
Barry Farmer got into his Toyota 4 by 4 and drove to the neighbouring ranch and knocked at the door. A young boy, Neil, aged about 9, opened the door.

'Is yer Dad home?' Barry demanded.
'No, sir, he ain't,' Neil replied. 'He went into town.'

'Well, then,' inquired Barry, 'is yer Mom here?'
'No, sir, she ain't here neither. She went into town with Dad.'

'How about your brother? Is he here?'
'He went with Mom and Dad,' explained Neil patiently.

Barry Farmer stood there for a few seconds, shifting from one foot to the other and muttering to himself.

'Is there anything I can do fer ya?' Neil asked politely. 'I know where all the tools are, if you want to borrow one. Or maybe I could take a message fer Dad.'

'Well, it's difficult,' answered Barry uncomfortably, 'I really wanted to talk to yer Dad. It's about your brother getting my daughter pregnant.'

Neil considered for a moment, 'You would have to talk to Pa about that,' he finally conceded. 'If it helps you any, I know that Pa charges $600 for the bull and $60 for the hog, but I really don't know how much he gets fer Howard.'

I should have tried that one... but I don't think my son's other grandfather would have found it near as funny. :lol2:

Latest posts