Who has the WORST weather?

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
WE do! upnort Minnesota. No question.

Cold, crappy, windy, snowy, cloudy, just plain $hitty. :help:

It gettin to ya mnmt? Me too, enough is enough already. :nod: Just remember though, last year we had a couple of pretty nasty snowstorms in April! :cry2:

MistyMorning":2tvro4gw said:
It gettin to ya mnmt? Me too, enough is enough already. :nod: Just remember though, last year we had a couple of pretty nasty snowstorms in April! :cry2:

Yup the weather got to me. And I remember last April 50 some inches of heavy stuff. We have so much water now the ponds are overflowing. Not to worry they'll all be dried up by Summer. :frowns:

My son called from Amarillo yesterday and said that they were under a blizzard watch. I think it varies depending on where you live. I would not live someplace like the Texas Panhandle. Beautiful scenery, but the weather... I told him that there really wasn't that much in the way of mountains or other geography between him and Canada!

I'd have to agree with you . Montana, Minnisota, both Dakotas, Wyoming, Idaho, all get nasty weather in winter. Trade ya in summer, though.

Lammie":3o0qt96x said:
My son called from Amarillo yesterday and said that they were under a blizzard watch. I think it varies depending on where you live. I would not live someplace like the Texas Panhandle. Beautiful scenery, but the weather... I told him that there really wasn't that much in the way of mountains or other geography between him and Canada!

I'd have to agree with you . Montana, Minnisota, both Dakotas, Wyoming, Idaho, all get nasty weather in winter. Trade ya in summer, though.
not me,,, i like my summers too last longer then two weeks
:p

I've got a lot of respect for folks that farm in Minnesota. Y'all have got to be tough and creative to make it through your winters. I don't like the few really cold days that we have in January!

With 8" of snow on the 10th of March to 12" of mud in the cow lot yesterday to snow and freezing temps today, I am really getting tired of this! So are the cows! I get awfully crabby this time of year! :frowns: Weatherman said another 5" of snow coming Monday.

We got it worserer. Ya'll just think you got it rough. I had to almost put on a jacket the other night and almost had to roll the windows up in the truck. Weather has gotten so bad here the cows won't even eat their hay. Geesh, and ya'll complain about a little bit of snow. Oh well, maybe this little bit of salt tossed your way will help with your roads. ;-) :lol2:

(Lammie, its alright to gloat now isn't it? I mean before they turn the furnace on.) ;-) :lol2:

Keep posting pictures like that and even I won't be able to feel sorry for you in a few months. Dang, forgot what things are supposed to look like. :p

Jogeephus":7z828jof said:
We got it worserer. Ya'll just think you got it rough. I had to almost put on a jacket the other night and almost had to roll the windows up in the truck. Weather has gotten so bad here the cows won't even eat their hay. Geesh, and ya'll complain about a little bit of snow. Oh well, maybe this little bit of salt tossed your way will help with your roads. ;-) :lol2:

(Lammie, its alright to gloat now isn't it? I mean before they turn the furnace on.) ;-) :lol2:

OH! Jogee! You got a mean side. I like it.

The house really was chilly today when I got home. Clouds burned off and I ended up having to open the windows. I hope it dries out enough to garden this weekend.

Way it sounds, we are going to have to turn the AC back over to HEAT........or order another round of tequila....

I think I'll go with the heat. :p

Maine, hands down! We don't have too bad of weather now, it finally stopped snowing now its just cold...but the worst part is that summer lasts about 2 seconds. We don't have spring, summer, fall, winter. We have mud season and winter.

1982vett":6ujihxso said:
Way it sounds, we are going to have to turn the AC back over to HEAT........or order another round of tequila....

I think I'll go with the heat. :p

Do you prefer silver or gold...

I almost made a fire when I first got home. I had one last night. It is just nice to have something warm to sit next to.

By the time we get to the tequila, it doesn't really matter. But back in the day it was gold.

I might burn a fire too, if I knew the chimney was safe. House has moved so much I have some cracks I'm not to sure of. Besides, I'd have to cut the wood too.

Looks to me like Joe's heifers are going to turn into some big fat spoiled cows. Joe ought to haul em up here I'll make some tough cattle out of them. :D :nod:
I don't know how those cows can do it. Other day the sun came out got to +40 black cows started panting and headed for the shade. [not kidding]
I think I'm going to contact the PETA freaks ummm I mean folks :oops: :oops: send them over to Joe's, make sure hes got plenty of shade and mist cooling for them cows. :cowboy:

mnmtranching":3d9ipa5e said:
Looks to me like Joe's heifers are going to turn into some big fat spoiled cows. Joe ought to haul em up here I'll make some tough cattle out of them. :D :nod:
I don't know how those cows can do it. Other day the sun came out got to +40 black cows started panting and headed for the shade. [not kidding]
I think I'm going to contact the PETA freaks ummm I mean folks :oops: :oops: send them over to Joe's, make sure hes got plenty of shade and mist cooling for them cows. :cowboy:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: I thought that pic would get your goat. I hate to say it but this pasture is an exception since we are still 9 inches short of rainfall. I could have posted a picture of the Sahara desert but doubt it would have needled you in the manner I was hoping. Besides, Peta could have used a shot like that as evidence against me.

Since you mention weird cattle ways, I couldn't believe it when one of the calves I put in this field jumped the fence and ran across the highway and cleared two more fences to get back to the desert and the hay rings. This is definitely the most stupid cow I've owned and I'm afraid if it tears up another fence I'm going to ....... well, a man can only take so much. ;-) :nod:

At one time or another everyone has the worst weather. For some it;'s winter others it;s summer. There is also drought or flooding. You pays your money and takes your chances wherever you decide to settle.

Rained all night. Pond overflowed, flooded both pastures and washed out my road. The cattle are standing on their tip toes wondering where their grass went. More rain due tonight and tomorrow. We were all praying for rain, God is good.
Tom.

Latest posts