Who has the WORST weather?

Help Support CattleToday:

kerley":2zqcnnzg said:
Rained all night. Pond overflowed, flooded both pastures and washed out my road. The cattle are standing on their tip toes wondering where their grass went. More rain due tonight and tomorrow. We were all praying for rain, God is good.
Tom.

Amen.

mnmtranching":258b672z said:
WE do! upnort Minnesota. No question.

Cold, crappy, windy, snowy, cloudy, just plain $hitty. :help:

Yea you might be right, but to make up for it, you seem to have some of the best people. :nod:

I would put Western Washington up with any one for lousy winter weather. A couple of years ago it rained 60 inches in 120 days (Dec-March). It actually rained on 90 of those days. So it rained 3 out of every 4 days and it rained an average of 2/3 of an inch on the days it rained. The entire time the temperature was between 34 and 40 degrees. You talk about mud..... and miserable cows. Try being soaked to the skin and cold every day. Of course we make up for it in the summer. Around the first of July it stops raining and we have a drought every year until some where in the middle of September when the rains start again.

I talked to my nephew in Perryton, Tx. today. He said the town is near vacant and all is shut down for the BIG ONE.
Tom.

That is why I love Alberta.....If you don't like the weather just wait five minutes,,,,,,,,,it'll change... :lol2:

Chin up my Minnesotan friends, I hear May is supposed to be nice... :cowboy:

mnmtranching":2q8xieon said:
WE do! upnort Minnesota. No question.

Cold, crappy, windy, snowy, cloudy, just plain $hitty. :help:

I really hate to burst your bubble, but we have had our share of that kind of weather, as have many other states. I don't know what to tell you, other than this too shall pass. :lol: :lol: Give it a few months, and you will probably be bitching about the heat and rain - or lack thereof, as the case may be.

We get some pretty tough winter weather in Alberta but we also get chinooks which is a great relief. Very seldom gets too hot in the summer and in central Alberta we seldom see much drought. Manitoba and Saskatchewan get some pretty brutal winters...much like Minnesota and North Dakota!
Several years ago I was in Wyoming on the fourth of July and it was so darned hot some guys at a service staion were frying an egg on the pavement! The AC in the car could hardly keep up. Too hot for this old artic boy!

Any farmer/rancher worth their salt can find something wrong with any current weather situation. It's a gift.

I usually like our crummy weather, makes you appreciate spring. That's in May. I'd like summer but I hate bugs. My cat chews on me but at least I don't itch for a month afterwards. Gnats crawlin in your eyes, skeeters bitin thru your tshirt, ticks, deerflies - almost makes me want winter back. Almost.

Rant ended.

Now I'm going to log off and enjoy the last nice day we'll have for a week. Snowstorm rollin' in tonight.... Cheers.

redcowsrule33":o5n5rp4f said:
Any farmer/rancher worth their salt can find something wrong with any current weather situation. It's a gift.

I usually like our crummy weather, makes you appreciate spring. That's in May. I'd like summer but I hate bugs. My cat chews on me but at least I don't itch for a month afterwards. Gnats crawlin in your eyes, skeeters bitin thru your tshirt, ticks, deerflies - almost makes me want winter back. Almost.

Rant ended.

Now I'm going to log off and enjoy the last nice day we'll have for a week. Snowstorm rollin' in tonight.... Cheers.
Where are you located??

Northwest Wisconsin.

Snow missed us, all we got was wind and rain. Better than the illustrious weathermen had predicted. Still sucked.

Here they're calling for 20s at night over the weekend with snow on monday

redcowsrule33":ai7cwjjf said:
Northwest Wisconsin.

Snow missed us, all we got was wind and rain. Better than the illustrious weathermen had predicted. Still sucked.
We got a bit of snow but didn't last, windy as heck but helped dry out the mud. BUT rained all night last night, they are saying about an inch with more to come all day today and tomorrow and snow on Sunday and Monday. I don't know if Michigan is the WORST but it sure is diverse!

Redcow, your close enough to at least get a taste of the worst weather in the World :???: :shock:

I have proof we got a fresh foot of snow on the ground. :nod:

mnmtranching":37zli1wj said:
Redcow, your close enough to at least get a taste of the worst weather in the World :???: :shock:

I have proof we got a fresh foot of snow on the ground. :nod:
Good Grief, I hope you got all of what we're predicted to get.....temps are really dropping today but we didn't get the rain that was predicted so hopefully the snow won't get here either.... I am done with winter.

Record snow this year...snows at night, melts during the day...up to our hocks in mud.
Just hope that we have a normal spring warming next month. Last year the soil temp in mid June was 45 degrees six inches down.

Sounds like Northern Iowa and extreme Southern MN will have the worst weather next day or so. MAN! this is getting kind of late for heavy snow for down there :shock: Isn't it?

Hubby and I took a buddy out to dinner last night, (he helps me when I need help with the cows when the hubby is out of state). Drove 50 miles soutwest of here and it started snowing huge silver dollar size flakes. By the time we got out of the restaurant they had 3" and it was piling up. Couldn't drive over 25-30mph, had a string of 12 cars in front of us. Made for a long ride home. Woke up this morning and we have roughly 4" and we are in central MN. :frowns: So much for extreme southern MN!!

Not very often a snow storm misses us :roll: This one did, we didn't get a flake. :shock:
Getting the north wind from it though. High today of 29.

Well so far so good no snow yet here. I sure hope it misses us or that you folks in MN have gotten ours. BUT the temps are dropping and well I just hope we don't get what they are calling for. :???:

Latest posts