Who got rain?

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
Fourth of July and we got almost two inches of rain last night. :D I'm so pleased. Looks like it's still falling south of the Red River. It did rain out some fireworks celebrations and that's a shame, but we needed the rain more. Anybody else get a good rain?

We had a nice, steady rain all day yesterday. Almost 2 inches with no storms or high winds. Parade was cancelled and the fireworks were pushed back till tonight. The rain was welcome as we were getting a little dry and most of the crops were recently planted, but we're not nearly has desperate as others. Also was much cooler than normal. Can't remember the last time I wore long pants and a sweatshirt on the Fourth. Back to normal by the end of next week, so they say. Sunny, dry, with highs in the upper 80's and lower 90's.

We got 8/10's here, really been wet this year although it had started to dry up. Several inches ahead of average this year so far. Got some litter spread a couple days before this rain on pasture so maybe it will help it some, wish the guy would have had it for my hay ground like he promised.

we are getting a lite rain here.but its nothing measureable.just enough to wet the grass good.im hoping we get more rain.

We got a good one and it was really needed. Been watering for the last two weeks as hard as we could, finished laying pipe Friday and almost done getting it all set. I sure was glad to go out at 2 this morning and shut off wells.

1982vett":2u048qwt said:
Frankie, go outside and shoo it south. :p I'm hoping for a couple inches out of it.

Are you still in drought?

We got nice rains lately, it just started so late that we haven't really got any grazing yet, its too cold now to get much growth. Typical green drought we are so used to in winter lately.

KNERSIE":28ylepge said:
1982vett":28ylepge said:
Frankie, go outside and shoo it south. :p I'm hoping for a couple inches out of it.

Are you still in drought?

We got nice rains lately, it just started so late that we haven't really got any grazing yet, its too cold now to get much growth. Typical green drought we are so used to in winter lately.
I think we are always in a drought with intermittent rains from time to time. :lol: Actually, yes we are in an extended drought that has come and gone for a number of years. Most recently, we are at a 65% rainfall deficit since January of 2008. We managed to get 1 8/10ths last Monday and Tuesday, the first in 63 days. Now we need more to keep those green shoots going. We are hoping the system that gave Frankie rain can push on down and do the same for us. It has been so dry and hot that in about 10-15 days without follow thru moisture, everything that was just reborn will most likely shrivel up and die. That has been the pattern for the last 12 or so years.

Rained a little in the night. Not enough. I need a good couple of inches to start to bring things around here. It's still cloudy so maybe it will rain more yet.

Frankie":13e8v9lp said:
Fourth of July and we got almost two inches of rain last night. :D I'm so pleased. Looks like it's still falling south of the Red River. It did rain out some fireworks celebrations and that's a shame, but we needed the rain more. Anybody else get a good rain?

Glad to read that you got some rain, Frankie! The 107 degree reading I experienced in Central Oklahoma this weekend probably sucked up that two inches of rain in a heartbeat!

Lammie, it looks like you sucked the life out of that line of thunderstorms. :( I was expecting it to start raining about now but it seems to be evaporating into thin air. Sun is shining now.

1982vett":1w511aus said:
Lammie, it looks like you sucked the life out of that line of thunderstorms. :( I was expecting it to start raining about now but it seems to be evaporating into thin air. Sun is shining now.

It was cloudy here most of the day but we never did get any more rain. I didn't think it would rain at all, anyway, so I will take what little we did get. Got the dust wet.

I need a good rain...

We got 2 inches exactly at my place in North Alabama. We were getting very dry as well. No rain in the forecast for 7 days so back to the hay field tomorrow.

Circle H Ranch

We got about 1/10th when the storms came through. Most we've had since April. Maybe 5" for the year, most of it before green up. The Weather Channel is more depressing than MSNBC.

We were incredibly lucky here! We got just over 2 inches at the farm, in two days time. Got 4 inches of rain in town at the office! (Waco) But go west of Hwy. 77, or south of Marlin, and they didn't get a drop. It is horribly dry in Milam County! Looked at a property last week that had a "20 acre lake" on it, and I bet there wasn't 1/2 an acre of water in it. A SHAME.

Latest posts