Who did the hetero-superconwhatever post offend?

Help Support CattleToday:

Txwalt

Reaction score
I want to politley ask for an explanation for this post being locked. If it was a specific gal that was offended can you send me her # and a picture?

Walt

Not me, I thought it was funny. I was going to reply but it got locked before I could.

I got a little more ribald than I should have, I guess. I still don't know why that woman would have wanted this whole thing to get out to start with. Nothing to brag about.

That was a little weird seeing it locked down like that. My guess is that either someone who has a lot of sex partners found the responses offensive or maybe it was just someone that thought the responses were offensive to women in general. Given the way many of us babyboomers were raised, the responses match up. But now days, in our free/anything goes society, such behavior seems to be no big deal. I wonder what will be acceptable in another 20 years.

Lammie":2ju2ry8f said:
I got a little more ribald than I should have, I guess. I still don't know why that woman would have wanted this whole thing to get out to start with. Nothing to brag about.

Sure there is something to brag about...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Look for the tv shows, the tabloids, the movie.

grannysoo":2uhwsisi said:
Lammie":2uhwsisi said:

Sure there is something to brag about...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Look for the tv shows, the tabloids, the movie.

It isn't the first time it's happened. I remember seeing something like this in Parade years and years ago. A German lady had a little black and a little white baby at the same time. She had been with two soldiers in one day.

Looks like a power play to me which is not surprising. The post that was deleted was not out of line at all. Thinking of deleted posts, I have more deleted than are published.

HerefordSire":3266dnbf said:
Looks like a power play to me which is not surprising. The post that was deleted was not out of line at all. Thinking of deleted posts, I have more deleted than are published.

Maybe. Maybe not unlike political decision making. Some Senators make decisions based solely on the wishes of their contituents or based just on their own wishes and yet others are in bed with their favorite lobbyists ;-). Advertising is readership which equals dollars and "business" is not subject to freedom of speech ground rules. So, what do you do?

BeefmasterB":1u9qaiee said:
HerefordSire":1u9qaiee said:

Maybe. Maybe not unlike political decision making. Some Senators make decisions based solely on the wishes of their contituents or based just on their own wishes and yet others are in bed with their favorite lobbyists ;-). Advertising is readership which equals dollars and "business" is not subject to freedom of speech ground rules. So, what do you do?

Very good post, again. The one up top was good also.

What do we do? It it like getting in a fight with your hands and legs tied behind your back. I am beginning to think this site could be massive with a couple of modifications, but what do I know?

HerefordSire":tqn35jgb said:
BeefmasterB":tqn35jgb said:
HerefordSire":tqn35jgb said:

Very good post, again. The one up top was good also.

What do we do? It it like getting in a fight with your hands and legs tied behind your back. I am beginning to think this site could be massive with a couple of modifications, but what do I know?

Yes, but with what kind of modifications? Keeping in mind that this site is a "family site" and that religious and political type subject matter can get very inflammatory. The powers that be do an excellent job keeping things reasonable and the reason that is, is because, kind of like political structure, one party helps keep the other party(s) in check. This has resulted in a pretty nice product so far! And it is growing!

BeefmasterB":33fzk3ji said:
Yes, but with what kind of modifications? Keeping in mind that this site is a "family site" and that religious and political type subject matter can get very inflammatory. The powers that be do an excellent job keeping things reasonable and the reason that is, is because, kind of like political structure, one party helps keep the other party(s) in check. This has resulted in a pretty nice product so far! And it is growing!

I agree.

Seems to me that posts like this hit a nerve way before a post from a Snurker does. IMO, stuff like this is reality and we can't live in denial about it. Heck, I actually learned something from it cause I didn't think it possible. My children understand this stuff cause they see it everyday - they are not stupid or blind. On the otherhand, when someone only posts with the intent to degrade someone or their idea, I think these type posts should be censored somehow cause these posts only intimidate and make people less apt to post. Without posts, the board gets boring and we are left only with e-scrabble. JMO

Jogeephus":c4frjojm said:
BeefmasterB":c4frjojm said:

I agree.

Seems to me that posts like this hit a nerve way before a post from a Snurker does. IMO, stuff like this is reality and we can't live in denial about it. Heck, I actually learned something from it cause I didn't think it possible. My children understand this stuff cause they see it everyday - they are not stupid or blind. On the otherhand, when someone only posts with the intent to degrade someone or their idea, I think these type posts should be censored somehow cause these posts only intimidate and make people less apt to post. Without posts, the board gets boring and we are left only with e-scrabble. JMO
it happen's too animals like cats that run through the neighbor hood getting bred by every tom.. and i guess women with the morals of a cat

BeefmasterB":117wpdyh said:

I was surprised at how young several posters were. It sure did open my eyes.

I don't have enough information to make a wise decision in regards to site modifications. I was studying the member list and just by looking at the masses that are no longer posting made me wonder about other questions. I guess I would start there.

alacattleman":3jwl11x0 said:
it happen's too animals like cats that run through the neighbor hood getting bred by every tom.. and i guess women with the morals of a cat
I am thinking the men involved were not exactly pillars of the community either......
Just a guess though.

angie":13xr5153 said:
alacattleman":13xr5153 said:
I am thinking the men involved were not exactly pillars of the community either......
Just a guess though.

Takes two to tango. But one guy might not necessarily know who went before him, and when.

Lammie":1sckd6pg said:
But one guy might not necessarily know who went before him, and when.
Exactly why he should not have been there in the first place. "Moral"ity (not my word) implies, at its most liberal, that the act took place within a loving monogamous committed relationship ~ not a back alley.

Lammie":bkfjv8w5 said:
angie":bkfjv8w5 said:
alacattleman":bkfjv8w5 said:
Just a guess though.

Takes two to tango. But one guy might not necessarily know who went before him, and when.
in this case three,, but your right . some men are just as bad morally, plus they can walk away

Jogeephus":26wiolc1 said:
BeefmasterB":26wiolc1 said:

I agree.

I frequent a couple of professional boards and the moderators are generally more strict, but fair judges, but they have thousands online at one time. I have noticed on cattle boards, it is OK if some (maybe depending who you are) write a curse word in front of children, but it is not OK to write about some current events that may or may not offend someone else, like the event of a woman becoming pregnant from two different men at the same time.

HerefordSire":2mcz5q4c said:
Jogeephus":2mcz5q4c said:
BeefmasterB":2mcz5q4c said:

I agree.

I frequent a couple of professional boards and the moderators are generally more strict, but fair judges, but they have thousands online at one time. I have noticed on cattle boards, it is OK if some (maybe depending who you are) write a curse word in front of children, but it is not OK to write about some current events that may or may not offend someone else, like the event of a woman becoming pregnant from two different men at the same time.

Good point! But, the moderator has to make a judgement call. IMHO, maybe the mod judged the particular use of a curse word to be not bashing (depending on how it was used) whereas they may have judged some of the responses to the "double dad" article as female bashing and therefore shut it down. Like Jogee, I had no idea that twins could be born, each coming from a different father. As to the woman having relations with two different men so close together - these fathers met their match!

Latest posts