Whitetail rut

Help Support CattleToday:

tamarack

Reaction score
The rut is going strong here in the cold north of alberta (-30 c) today lots of bucks running went out with son yesterday got nice buck will post pics when get them. Just wondering if rut is going at same time in southern states it will probably slow down by 1st of dec here.

Rut is going on here in my neck-o-the woods but not quite as strong as I like it yet.
It's supposed to fet down to freezing over Thanksgiving,hope that makes them more active.

Cal

It is going good here too. Just missed getting run over by a nice 3x3 chasing a doe yesterday. If he had been slower he would have been a hood ornament on our truck.

Going on right now in VA, also. I let a very nice 8 point walk Wednesday afternoon, if he makes it another year and I can catch up with him again, there'll be a taxidermy bill coming my way. Flicked the safety on and off twice on him, but finally talked myself out of it.

cfpinz":gfiheiby said:
Going on right now in VA, also. I let a very nice 8 point walk Wednesday afternoon, if he makes it another year and I can catch up with him again, there'll be a taxidermy bill coming my way. Flicked the safety on and off twice on him, but finally talked myself out of it.

No what ya mean Cfpinz, I let a 10 pointer walk,his rack was just a basket probably 10 in wide with short tines.If it aint bigger than what's already on my wall I aint gonna shoot it.

Cal