white poo patty?

Help Support CattleToday:

wood2

Reaction score
I have some 2+ mo old calves in a pasture with cows and have found some patty like white poop wondering if anybody might have an idea what it is has to be from a calf not really big patty dont have any idea which calf. I did have the youngest of the calves bloat a bit tiday and had vet out he tubed let gas out and gave it banamine and recover, I wasnt home and husband had different vet out than normal. Im not sure this is the calf with white poop either? Any ideas? :???:

White is usually a lot of milk and not much grass/hay. See it almost every year. No ill affects.

Why do you think he may have bloated up on left side if white poo is normal . They did get into some fresh alfalfa do you think he might have eaten to much of that?

wood2":yrgcxm6h said:
Why do you think he may have bloated up on left side if white poo is normal . They did get into some fresh alfalfa do you think he might have eaten to much of that?

Could be. I don;t think the white and bloat have anything to do with each other. We see it a lot in the calves from the heaviest milkers or when the grass is really good in the spring.
Gas or a slightly distended rumen aren;t the same thing. The bafly distended rumen is a sign of bloat, but unless they are having a porblem with breathing I just considerr it normal. We see the distended rumen all the time when the cows are on a high clover diet, but it's nevr been a problem. A couple of good belches or farts and it goes down. Bloat is a failure of the ability to expel excess gas. The gas forms faster then they can get rid of it. Can be used by a blockage that prevents belching, froth which doesn;t let the gas bubbles burst or just too much gas being manufactured.