White perch

Help Support CattleToday:

houstoncutter":15ofyr5b said:
Its getting to be crappie and white bass season here in southeast Texas

I don't know about crappie ;-) but you are right on white perch.
Toss up on slab perch or spec's when it comes to eating em.

Got lots of them in my ponds and plenty of shiners and minnows for them to feed on. Wish it was deeper, but now that the gators have mysteriously vacated the premises, maybe their size will increase too.

greybeard":2iecdmhw said:
Got lots of them in my ponds and plenty of shiners and minnows for them to feed on. Wish it was deeper, but now that the gators have mysteriously vacated the premises, maybe their size will increase too.

Ain't it funny how stuff like that happens.Good on ya!

greybeard":3v6y6bw3 said:

One family otters move in the neighborhood they will wipe you out in a week before you know it.
They will be moved to happier hunting grounds by the time you figure out you don't have any fish in your pond.
You will think gator's weren't so bad.

Caustic Burno":3vlseadq said:
greybeard":3vlseadq said:

One family otters move in the neighborhood they will wipe you out in a week before you know it.
They will be moved to happier hunting grounds by the time you figure out you don't have any fish in your pond.
You will think gator's weren't so bad.

Done been down that road CB, around 2006. Saw them one night when I was fishing. Started going down every night for awhile with a spotlight and a .22, and They went to the happy hunting ground allright. Aquabatic little rascals--I'll give em that much.

Had beaver too, right after that--which I didn't mind too much, except they chewed down all those little sweet gum saplings and left all them pointy stobs everywhere and I ruined a back tractor tire. They moved on by themselves when I cleared all the hardwood trees off around the pond. Funny thing--they'd chew down gums and little oaks but wouldn't touch a tallow. I just burned down their stick lodge last month--what hadn't floated off last flood.
Next came those dang nutria rats--made tunnels so bad I went sailing along one evening on the Leyland and the whole area collapsed down with me and the tractor. Had to get the backhoe and dig the whole mess out along with their dens. Dogs got rid of them for me after awhile.
Late last spring I was down there just after sundown throwing a hulapopper and a bat hit it about 1/2 way across the pond. Talk about a nasty litle something to try to get a treble hook out of--flyin rats. Lawd know what's going to show up down there next.

Latest posts