white genocide in africa. obama supports and admires it.

Help Support CattleToday:

Dennis what you don't see is the complaints registered via users hitting the ALARM button. It sure was not me. I have yet to hit it unless I did by mistake. Who knows what folks get offended by? There are as many snowflakes on this forum as there are on the streets of San Francisco- lol

Bright Raven":3a0dijby said:
Dennis what you don't see is the complaints registered via users hitting the ALARM button. It sure was not me. I have yet to hit it unless I did by mistake. Who knows what folks get offended by? There are as many snowflakes on this forum as there are on the streets of San Francisco- lol
How about Bright Raven calling someone a snowflake. He needs banned.
You know I'm joking.

Well, Ron, I'm guessing if you are able to see the alarms then you have some privileges. If not, you are only guessing. I have seen many threads locked on this site and didn't pay much attention, but this one is not in direct conflict with anything I can imagine. This is pi$$ poor moderating!

slick4591":n6dy6w3h said:
Well, Ron, I'm guessing if you are able to see the alarms then you have some privileges. If not, you are only guessing. I have seen many threads locked on this site and didn't pay much attention, but this one is not in direct conflict with anything I can imagine. This is pi$$ poor moderating!

If you remember, Dun commented that we would be surprised at the number of complaints that he fielded. No, I don't think any user sees them. I just assume that threads that get locked that don't seem out of line is because one of the posts got flagged.

Edited to add: I would not doubt that it was one of mine that got flagged. Lol

sstterry":1a2hi07z said:
I didn't even know there was an alarm button.... even after a year, I'm still new ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I think it is that exclamation sign. I have never flagged a post since I been here unless I hit it by accident.

What has occurred to me: Why not just delete the single post that someone flags and let the thread go on? Maybe someone can explain that.

There is a "Snowflake" button here and when that button has an impact on how you would normally moderate a forum is when you should step aside.

Perhaps it's because right in the title even it's political?

I think I've flagged one or two posts in 10 years, and those were for personal attacks that were totally uncalled for

Bright Raven":35am7v48 said:
slick4591":35am7v48 said:

If you remember, Dun commented that we would be surprised at the number of complaints that he fielded. No, I don't think any user sees them. I just assume that threads that get locked that don't seem out of line is because one of the posts got flagged.

I'll say that I didn't agree with all of Dun's styles and techniques, but it was a he!! of a lot better than what we are seeing now!

slick4591":3bzh690p said:
Bright Raven":3bzh690p said:
slick4591":3bzh690p said:

I'll say that I didn't agree with all of Dun's styles and techniques, but it was a he!! of a lot better than what we are seeing now!

Be careful. Lol

slick4591":3mpin4ca said:
I'm just gonna say this out loud! THIS IS THE MOST STUPIDEST LOCKS I'VE SEEN ON THIS SITE TO DATE. That is all.
Being a general pain in the butt is not against the rules. Politics, religion, name calling, personal attacks, threatening is. Unless I'm alerted to it I don't usually see the things that are found disagreeable. My standard fix is not to go through and sort out the bad posts or those that link to it...

Mod2":37nb0y9w said:
slick4591":37nb0y9w said:
I'm just gonna say this out loud! THIS IS THE MOST STUPIDEST LOCKS I'VE SEEN ON THIS SITE TO DATE. That is all.
Being a general pain in the butt is not against the rules. Politics, religion, name calling, personal attacks, threatening is. Unless I'm alerted to it I don't usually see the things that are found disagreeable. My standard fix is not to go through and sort out the bad posts or those that link to it...

I see a lot of politics here every day, but to be honest, when we get to other threads, everyone on this board is more than willing to help and give advice, without animosity, and in the spirit of friendship. I have, and am, learning a lot and getting perspectives that I may not agree with, but I always consider.

Not even going to bother - bottom line folks it was a good discussion - it was all factual, polite and no finger pointing.

As for the results?

It is what it is.

To those who participated in that discussion...................

I wish you all the best from my house to yours.

Have a great evening.

L

If we don't make this about Trump, Obama and race, I assume discussing the events in the Republic of South Africa is not against the rules.

ff1pix.jpg

This guy lives in Bulawayo with his wife. He was born and raised in Zimbabwe and he stayed after the civil war that transformed Rhodesia to Zimbabwe. He has a small farm south of Bulawayo and is a certified Professional Hunter. He also is certified to hunt in Tanzania.

Zimbabwe went through a horrendous civil war. There are numerous books written on that war. Atrocities were committed by both sides. I have hunted with Richard and we have remained close friends for many years. What is happening in South Africa regarding the farm murders is reminiscent of what happened to farmers in Zimbabwe after the war.

TennesseeTuxedo":3qerry4h said:
Kinda hard to leave race out of the discussion isn't it?

For some. But you would be amazed that Richard has a deep appreciation for the native Africans. I have never heard him make it about race. It is more like the difference here between the north and south.

The issue is more about nationality. In the case of Africa, there has been a continent wide reversal of colonialism.

Latest posts