White bumps on cow's rear

Help Support CattleToday:

Skyy

Reaction score
Can not figure out how to attach picture, missing "add picture" feature.

Will try to describe it, hopefully someone will know the answer.

We purchased a cow 3 weeks ago, and in the first week noticed raised white, flat (not pimples) bumps around anus and vagina area. What are they?

The cow does not seem to be in any discomfort, eating and drinking fine and otherwise is very healthy looking girl.

Skyy":2rrcqns6 said:

You should see blue text "Add image to post" just below the Reply text box. Click on that to attach a picture,

Rafter S":3szkhzx0 said:
Skyy":3szkhzx0 said:

You should see blue text "Add image to post" just below the Reply text box. Click on that to attach a picture,

I am not seeing one under my reply box so maybe Skyy don't have one.

Welcome Skyy. Sorry can't help you hard to say without a photo.

you have to click 'full editor and preview'. And in there you will have many more posting options. New accounts though may need a certain amount of posts before they can add a pic? not sure.

TCRanch":2o9rsvdc said:
Without a pic my guess would be warts. I leave them alone and they eventually go away.

Should say "add image to post" on the lower left hand corner of the screen.
TC it appears your altered reply was deleted... you better behave or you're gonna get banned. :)

And here I was the only one courteous enough to :welcome: this first time poster to the boards.

Son of Butch":2ik26the said:
TCRanch":2ik26the said:
Without a pic my guess would be warts. I leave them alone and they eventually go away.

TC it appears your altered reply was deleted... you better behave or you're gonna get banned. :)

And here I was the only one courteous enough to :welcome: this first time poster to the boards.
:shock:

TCRanch":2sefw26p said:
Son of Butch":2sefw26p said:
TCRanch":2sefw26p said:

Perhaps you didn't see 'genital' warts added to your comment... but that comment and follow up question was deleted.

Thank you all so much for the replies!
I was able to post a picture this morning, should be up as soon as admin approves.

Son of Butch":27ol1byr said:
TCRanch":27ol1byr said:
Son of Butch":27ol1byr said:

Perhaps you didn't see 'genital' warts added to your comment... but that comment and follow up question was deleted.
Yikes! Totally missed it.

Skyy":1eomomyo said:
Yowza! Definitely looks like warts. There are vaccines and a lot of people actually remove the larger, cauliflower like clusters but given the location I'd still be inclined to leave them alone. May want to send the pic to your vet.

Though I have never seen the lesions, this could be caused by IBR virus (bovine pustular vulvovaginitis)...

Did you ever find out what it was and did it go away? I've got some 6 month old heifers that have small bumps around there tail and anus, any idea what that might be? They don't look bad but I'd like to know what it is incase they get worse

Latest posts