White Buffalo

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591":1ix4b5pw said:
Big reception held after its birth and another celebration on the books for this year for the calf. No tribal areas around here, so it was born on a private ranch and the owner has other buffalo herds in OK. Folks are in a major uproar around here over it. Pitty that something so important to the Native Americans is treated with such disrespect.
That's the reson to hang them, not the possible dollar value.

Kathie in Thorp":c2ysm46q said:
John, I'm thinking that maybe this happened on tribal land?? And that's why law enforcement will follow with them. Property crimes on tribal lands are most often "sovereign state" matters -- to be dealt with via the local tribal law enforcement agency.
It was a privately owned ranch. Only tribal land in Texas is an indian reservation down CB's way.

There was a wild born white buffalo about 30 years ago up in new Mexico area I think. They are indeed sacred to most Indian tribes. Because of that I doubt an Indian did it. But, I've also been on reservation land a lot, know how a lot of Indians are the last 30 years, and have seen how they live their lives. Almost makes me ashamed to claim my Indian blood.
Reperations to tribes have made a lot of tribes lazy. Kind of like what we see today with handouts.
But back to the buffalo Id bet it was some trailer trash( pick your color) just looking for the buck and not even caring about the significance to the tribes of a white buffalo

hooknline":4yc2hj9c said:
There was a wild born white buffalo about 30 years ago up in new Mexico area I think. They are indeed sacred to most Indian tribes. Because of that I doubt an Indian did it. But, I've also been on reservation land a lot, know how a lot of Indians are the last 30 years, and have seen how they live their lives. Almost makes me ashamed to claim my Indian blood.
Reperations to tribes have made a lot of tribes lazy. Kind of like what we see today with handouts.
But back to the buffalo Id bet it was some trailer trash( pick your color) just looking for the buck and not even caring about the significance to the tribes of a white buffalo
I'll lay you odds it was white trash that did this.

Ryder":19lop3uz said:
hooknline":19lop3uz said:

You must be familiar with this area.

slick4591":tabp5fkq said:
Ryder":tabp5fkq said:
hooknline":tabp5fkq said:

You must be familiar with this area.
No, not the area.
It took somebody with both meaness and enough energy to put out the effort.
Some would not go to the effort to do it. Just seems like white trash.

There are "trolls" who put outrageous comments on any story,just to see how many people they can get upset enough to answer them. :mad: Then they get "points" from their peers. The only way to defeat them is to not comment,not notice. Sad what the world has become. However,those people can be traced.

slick4591":1v2u8crf said:
Last nights news reported the reward was now over $50,000.
Heard on the news this morning that some ranch up in the Pacific NW has 14 white buffalo and are going to give one to this ranch to replace the one killed. Still working out the logistics of the move.

Latest posts