White Angus ????

Help Support CattleToday:

lilmac

Reaction score
So this guy has a bull that he says is PB BA. The sire is reg. but the dam is not. The bull has two small white spots on his belly where the utters would be, if he were a she. Refere to the post that "cowgirl" made and the picture of her cleanup bull on the breeds board under "pic's of your herd bull" Yea just like that???
So whats up? Is there a genetic throwback that could cause this, or is he mistaken on the bull being pure.
I did a search, but no luck.
Thanks for the help.
I might can get a pic. but he is just like cowgirl's.
Lil Mac

As far as I know, white is allowed aorund the udder area, and I assume testicals of a bull.
With Red Angus it can;t be forawrd of the navel

As long as the white is behind the navel of the bull, he still can be considered "Registered" Black Angus or Red Angus.

THG

lilmac":ae5x3330 said:
So this guy has a bull that he says is PB BA. The sire is reg. but the dam is not. The bull has two small white spots on his belly where the utters would be, if he were a she. Refere to the post that "cowgirl" made and the picture of her cleanup bull on the breeds board under "pic's of your herd bull" Yea just like that???
So whats up? Is there a genetic throwback that could cause this, or is he mistaken on the bull being pure.
I did a search, but no luck.
Thanks for the help.
I might can get a pic. but he is just like cowgirl's.
Lil Mac

The AAA rule is "An animal...with white skin above the underline, in front of the navel or on leg, foot, or tail, shall not be eligible for registration."

It's in Part 2 of Association Rules, Rule #103c at this link:

http://www.angus.org/pubs/BRG_2006.pdf

I know alot of registered angus cows I have seen have white on their udder. They can be registered if it isnt forward of the navel as has already been stated.

This is correct i have 2 registered angus cows that have white on both rear quarters.

Angus with white on the underline....especially the udder are fairly common. Dr Ritchey even has a slide of a late 19th century champion Angus with a white spot on his chest (which would have made him ineligible for registration today).

NO WAY would that white be showing up from any other breed than angus. We all know that the Angus is the most "Pure" breed there is. No breeding up allowed and all of that. No way could the white on the udders be coming from any holstein genetics that could have helped them increase frame size and add a little milk into the females. that wouuld never happen. :shock:

I am not going to say that did not happen, because I am sure it did. BUT, Angus, red and black both had white on their bellies when they first arrived. I have seen photos of Red Angus when they were 3 foot high with a complete white underline.

Angus the purest breed :roll: LMAO. They look pure because of the color, it is assumed black means angus. If you want pure look at galloway or black welsh. Why not go for a completely white angus after all there are black charolais. :lol:

Diehard40":2l0fbb06 said:
NO WAY would that white be showing up from any other breed than angus. We all know that the Angus is the most "Pure" breed there is. No breeding up allowed and all of that. No way could the white on the udders be coming from any holstein genetics that could have helped them increase frame size and add a little milk into the females. that wouuld never happen. :shock:

Are you a retard?

This question has nothing to do with purity. Like others have mentioned Angus cattle have always had some white on them from the beginning. In fact there was a period of 60 which they were selected for white, thinking that they were more special with some white on them.

No SEC i'm not a retard

i realize that Angus has had white on them for quiet a while.

I was simply making a point that some of that white may and I stress may have come from other breeds that have slipped into the Angus genetics over the years. And if you don't think that there have been some other genetics introduced into Angus over the years then you are the retard.

*Cowgirl*":1clpaa2q said:
If you are talking about me, the bull is a Chi he can have white. :roll:

No their not, just saying your bull's white spots are in the same spot as the bull in mention.

We still get the Illinois Angus Assoc News, and when they have show results alot of them have white on their udders.

Diehard40":1n9h76yj said:
No SEC i'm not a retard

i realize that Angus has had white on them for quiet a while.

I was simply making a point that some of that white may and I stress may have come from other breeds that have slipped into the Angus genetics over the years. And if you don't think that there have been some other genetics introduced into Angus over the years then you are the retard.

Who said there wasn't some purity issues in the breed? Why just pick on the Angus? You don't think the Hereford breed doesn't have a shot of Simmy in them? All of the other breeds can be graded up. Even FULL FLECK SIMMY has seen some funny things.

I am fully aware of the the dangers of some pedigrees due to a little crossbreeding pre blood typing/dna.