While we're talking about chemistry

Help Support CattleToday:

regolith

Reaction score
Co-incidentally, while you lot were talking about aftershave I was trying to wash my hair.

Usually a handful of conditioner worked in and I run a brush through. Haven't been able to get the brand I usually use for a while - they've changed their recipes, I finally figured out their new look and got some. Tried a handful, stuck a brush in my hair and... it got stuck. It took *three* large handfuls of conditioner to condition my hair enough to work the tangles out.

So what do all you cattlemen with long hair use to transform from dredds to silky at the end of the working week?
Not clippers please, it's nearly winter here :(

regolith":8f0jqutt said:
Co-incidentally, while you lot were talking about aftershave I was trying to wash my hair.

Usually a handful of conditioner worked in and I run a brush through. Haven't been able to get the brand I usually use for a while - they've changed their recipes, I finally figured out their new look and got some. Tried a handful, stuck a brush in my hair and... it got stuck. It took *three* large handfuls of conditioner to condition my hair enough to work the tangles out.

So what do all you cattlemen with long hair use to transform from dredds to silky at the end of the working week?

What is wrong with dreads? :banana:

Lucky Tiger will do the trick and the smell will have all the girls telling you they will love you long time.

Rego, we must have the same hair type. It's a pain some days. :D
I use Pantene daily moisturizing and brush it through when wet then rinse. I also use Aveeno's leave-in conditioner for additional detangling.

Anazazi, I think women aren't so much into dreads as men. It feels icky and they're uncontrollable. :lol:

The girls like the old product
girls.jpg

Thanks Cottagefarm, Pantene is one I know I can get in NZ. Been using VO5 sheer vitality for years but it seems they're not making it any more.
I like when it dreads it's just not practical to leave it that way. Too long for safety/comfort around farm machinery, and the worse it gets the harder it is to restore to something controllable.

They all seem to go messing with their formulas every few years.
I've played around with making my own a few times, but haven't had a successful attempt yet.
Your cows should like the Pantene, too :lol:

CottageFarm":1u14nt38 said:
I use Pantene daily moisturizing and brush it through when wet then rinse. I also use Aveeno's leave-in conditioner for additional detangling.

Anazazi, I think women aren't so much into dreads as men. It feels icky and they're uncontrollable. :lol:

Ok. I use "hesd and shoulders "dandruff shampoo and nothing else. It works for my straight long hair. I do understand that curls mean more maintainance.

Jogeephus":31felv9h said:
Lucky Tiger will do the trick and the smell will have all the girls telling you they will love you long time.

:lol: :lol: Experience talking here..right JO?

:lol: I have so many curls the ends start looking like dreads as soon as it dries. I've often wondered what straight hair would be like....but I thought it would be more work than curls!

Remember when Prell concentrate used to show a commercial where they dropped a pearl in the bottle and it took forever to sink to the bottom? That's all my mom bought for us when I was growing up. That was some sorry shampoo.

ANAZAZI":2if5oh2g said:
CottageFarm":2if5oh2g said:

Ok. I use "hesd and shoulders "dandruff shampoo and nothing else. It works for my straight long hair. I do understand that curls mean more maintainance.

you should try rexall t1 shampoo. it smells like tar when you pour it out of the bottle. but when you wash it out there is no smell. it kicks head and shoulders butt and only about 3 bucks at DG

regolith":2066lf2z said:

Get a haircut & a shave...problem solved...

My wife switched stuff around in the shower couple of months ago and I accidentally washed my hair and beard with Pantene conditioner instead of the usual head and shoulders. My beard smelled so good and came out so silky and soft I walked around all day about half turned on by myself.

CP.. That's what i use... Pantene... and it does work great on the beard too! Once in a while I forget to condition and my hair is like straw... we have darned hard water here

regolith":23o9rpy7 said:

I wash and comb my hair with a wash rag.
Last time I went to the barber I told him my hair cuts should be half priced.
He replied there was a hunting fee. :shock:
So if Ivory soap doesn't work I couldn't tell you.

Latest posts