Which to go to?

Help Support CattleToday:

FarmGirl10

Reaction score
I made plans to take a class May 24th, but it turns out that is the day of my graduation ceremony. I'm sure my parents will make me go to graduation ceremony, but I need (or really want) to take that class.

The class is required by the Ohio Department of Wildlife to rehabilitate rabies vector species. :frowns: Which really stinks because there are baby foxes coming in to the rehab center and since I don't have the training the Curator of Wildlife has to feed them. BTW, I can see why people try to keep them as pets - they are adorable.

I wonder if my parents would let me skip my grad. ceremony, lol.

Skip your graduation and take the class. Kidnap a baby grey fox for me ...... plllllleeeeeeeeeaaaaaasssssseee. I won't another one. Best dang pet I ever had.

Jogeephus":xsce7ua1 said:
Skip your graduation and take the class. Kidnap a baby grey fox for me ...... plllllleeeeeeeeeaaaaaasssssseee. I won't another one. Best dang pet I ever had.
:lol: Jo they're red foxes, plus I don't want the green police throwing me in jail for doing so. Those things are so cute though, they see you get near there enclosure and run and hide. Then you stand there for a minute and they put their heads around the corner and look at you. Then poof there are three more little faces staring at you. :) But I am really thinking about skipping my graduation.

Go to the class. I skipped my graduation. And nothing of value was lost. Except I got honours in Agriculture so I missed collecting my certificate. But I just went and got that after...

larryshoat":3jwcqiwd said:
When will the class be offered again ?

Larry
I'm not sure, it won't be offered again in my imediate area until next year. I'm currently looking for a similar class at other rehab centers in the state...but haven't found any yet. :frowns:

aussie_cowgirl":3jwcqiwd said:
Go to the class. I skipped my graduation. And nothing of value was lost. Except I got honours in Agriculture so I missed collecting my certificate. But I just went and got that after...
I'm doubting my parents would allow that.
john250":3jwcqiwd said:
I'm sorry about you missing the class, but graduation isn't for you. It is for your long-suffering parents. It validates their efforts. Go to graduation.
True, but its annoying they take 3 hours to graduate less than 30 students. :roll:

I guess fortunately my Mum was already proud that I graduated. And she knew that I would go on to do bigger and better things, so high school graduation seemed like something small to both her and I.

University graduation would be a different kettle of fish. I would pay for my mum to come and see me at that.

FarmGirl10":em0vjlmt said:
Jogeephus":em0vjlmt said:
:lol: Jo they're red foxes, plus I don't want the green police throwing me in jail for doing so. Those things are so cute though, they see you get near there enclosure and run and hide. Then you stand there for a minute and they put their heads around the corner and look at you. Then poof there are three more little faces staring at you. :) But I am really thinking about skipping my graduation.

Red one will do. Had one of these too. He got hit by a car and we set his leg and I'd sit in his cage and pet him. We formed - what I thought - a strong emotional bond. That was of course before he got his splint off. On that day I hopped in his cage with him as I had done for weeks and ......... he tore me to pieces. He was well.

Jogeephus":jltphtga said:
FarmGirl10":jltphtga said:
Jogeephus":jltphtga said:

Red one will do. Had one of these too. He got hit by a car and we set his leg and I'd sit in his cage and pet him. We formed - what I thought - a strong emotional bond. That was of course before he got his splint off. On that day I hopped in his cage with him as I had done for weeks and ......... he tore me to pieces. He was well.
:lol: You do some pretty odd things.

Farmgirl, I'm 51 years old and to this very day I repeat to myself often......... honor thy father and thy mother (incidently I'm lucky to still have them) .I know at times this is difficult, but in the long run you'll be glad you did .

Larry

A view from an old phart. Do the graduation. In my (considered by some) misspent youth I skipped all of the celebratory things, didn;t do the farewell partys, etc. Looking back with 20:20 hindsight, I wish I had attended them. They are all part of the moving on to other things type of deals that can never be recreated/experienced again.
You have a lot of years ahead of you to do the other stuff but only one bite at the apple for graduations, etc.

I was at Melbourne show for my high school graduation. Took the train the 4 hrs back to school, did the walk across the stage, hopped back on the train and went back to the show. The parties were all after the show so I went to them.

I missed my first uni graduation which was just recently - they sent me the certificate in the mail. I'm hoping to do the ceremony thing though when I graduate from my honours degree next year. My best mate didnt graduate this year, failed a class so will graduate next year. That was what decided it for me - figured I didnt care much about graduating with a bunch of people I didnt know, but I definitely want to graduate with my mate next year.

Your graduation is a once in a lifetime thing, there are plenty of orphaned animals to tend to in years to come.

GMN

Graduation is a lot of hours wasted, but just talk it over with your folks. You however dont want to miss the after graduation parties.

Well, I talked it over with my parents and they're making me go to my graduation. :frowns:

CattleHand - Around here most of the Grad parties are the friday and saterday nights before the ceremony - so I wouldn't have to worry about that.

dun":3q8wagvv said:
A view from an old phart. Do the graduation. In my (considered by some) misspent youth I skipped all of the celebratory things, didn;t do the farewell partys, etc. Looking back with 20:20 hindsight, I wish I had attended them. They are all part of the moving on to other things type of deals that can never be recreated/experienced again.
You have a lot of years ahead of you to do the other stuff but only one bite at the apple for graduations, etc.

by GMN on Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:28 am

Your graduation is a once in a lifetime thing, there are plenty of orphaned animals to tend to in years to come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don and GMN are right. I'm glad your parents saw it this way and you listen to them.
Ceremonies are important. That is why they have them.
Graduation marks the end of one phase of your life and the beginning of another.
This will probably mean more to you later.

Congratulations and good luck.

I agree with everyone about going to the graduation. Plenty of time for you to get me a fox later. Congratulations.

Jogeephus":25dbtc3w said:
I agree with everyone about going to the graduation. Plenty of time for you to get me a fox later. Congratulations.
:lol: I'm still not getting you a fox, but I'm thinking about heading to Africa to work with some lions. Would a lion cub work? :lol:

GMN":9ljp3jwx said:

GMN

Graduation night might be the last time you'll ever see some of those folks as well.

Latest posts