Which to go to?

Help Support CattleToday:

FarmGirl10":1stg0iqg said:
Jogeephus":1stg0iqg said:
I agree with everyone about going to the graduation. Plenty of time for you to get me a fox later. Congratulations.
:lol: I'm still not getting you a fox, but I'm thinking about heading to Africa to work with some lions. Would a lion cub work? :lol:

My dad was a vet and we had all sorts of critters around from time to time. Never had a lion cub. Had a few monkeys that had fantastic aim with their throws so after this I'll pass on the African creatures. But thanks anyway.

Jogeephus":3j1pdovp said:
FarmGirl10":3j1pdovp said:
Jogeephus":3j1pdovp said:
I agree with everyone about going to the graduation. Plenty of time for you to get me a fox later. Congratulations.
:lol: I'm still not getting you a fox, but I'm thinking about heading to Africa to work with some lions. Would a lion cub work? :lol:

My dad was a vet and we had all sorts of critters around from time to time. Never had a lion cub. Had a few monkeys that had fantastic aim with their throws so after this I'll pass on the African creatures. But thanks anyway.
Eww.....monkeys.

TexasBred":91elv4oi said:
GMN":91elv4oi said:
Your graduation is a once in a lifetime thing, there are plenty of orphaned animals to tend to in years to come.

GMN

Graduation night might be the last time you'll ever see some of those folks as well.
I definately won't miss them. :secret: There are only a couple of people in my class that I can get along with. And yet for some reason whenever I actually go to my HS everyone is happy to see me. :???:

FarmGirl10":1clffd3q said:
TexasBred":1clffd3q said:
GMN":1clffd3q said:
Your graduation is a once in a lifetime thing, there are plenty of orphaned animals to tend to in years to come.

GMN

Graduation night might be the last time you'll ever see some of those folks as well.
I definately won't miss them. :secret: There are only a couple of people in my class that I can get along with. And yet for some reason whenever I actually go to my HS everyone is happy to see me. :???:

If you really feel like that I'd skip graduation, do whatever I pleased and to hel with everyone else. You don't need them now and never will.

I definately won't miss them. :secret: There are only a couple of people in my class that I can get along with. And yet for some reason whenever I actually go to my HS everyone is happy to see me. :???:[/quote]

If you really feel like that I'd skip graduation, do whatever I pleased and to hel with everyone else. You don't need them now and never will.[/quote]

I hope you dont have kids because thats not very good advice or a good attitude either.

GMN

FarmGirl10":1rwh3cwf said:
TexasBred":1rwh3cwf said:
GMN":1rwh3cwf said:

GMN

As people get older the ego thing gets weaker and people get more real. Then they learn that they actually care about each other.
It has been interesting to see attitudes change from one high school reunion to another.

If you look for the good in others and concern yourself with caring and giving to them rather than the other way around, you will be surprised at the difference it makes.
Don't worry about having friends. Just be one. That is one of the marks of maturity.

In my experience, this is not just rhetoric. It is for real.

GMN":2gbj7vad said:

If you really feel like that I'd skip graduation, do whatever I pleased and to hel with everyone else. You don't need them now and never will.[/quote]

I hope you dont have kids because thats not very good advice or a good attitude either.

GMN[/quote]

Gail you missed my intent...my post was based on her "attitude". I have kids, they went to every graduation from K thru college and wouldn't have missed it for the world. They also have HS friends they have remained very close to over the years.

TexasBred":4m7kv6p4 said:
Gail you missed my intent...my post was based on her "attitude". I have kids, they went to every graduation from K thru college and wouldn't have missed it for the world. They also have HS friends they have remained very close to over the years.
TB - Since the start of HS I haven't had many classes with the others in my grade. I was the freshman taking sophmore/jounior classes then the sophmore taking jounior/senior classes. Then onto the HS jounior/senior taking college freshman/sophmore classes. Because of this I haven't been around my classmates a whole lot, instead the class that graduated last year is what I would consider my class. Plus, out of the class of '08 many of the students considered me as one of them, and that's where most of my friends from the town I live by are from. So what I said may have sounded b!tchy but it wasn't meant like that. :lol: I just wish my parents wouldn't have talked me out of graduating last year. I was going to but they put a stop to it. :frowns:

Ryder":1j239r7q said:
As people get older the ego thing gets weaker and people get more real. Then they learn that they actually care about each other.
It has been interesting to see attitudes change from one high school reunion to another.

If you look for the good in others and concern yourself with caring and giving to them rather than the other way around, you will be surprised at the difference it makes.
Don't worry about having friends. Just be one. That is one of the marks of maturity.

In my experience, this is not just rhetoric. It is for real.

Girl10, I'm just replying to this so you read Ryder twice.
My classmates and I aren't close. It isn't like we talk twice a week or anything. Most of them are long gone away from here but there are a handful in the area. Some of us have Facebook pages and we exchange the occasional comment. None of us are real special, but we went to school together. We have plenty of stories to exchange.

I have rehabbed enough baby fox to make a full length coat and pretty nifty mittens to match. Like possum, they are cute enough to kiss, but they are thankless little creatures ~ always spitting and hissing, and wanting to bite the hand that feeds them. I say to them "No wonder your mother threw you in someones yard."

I understand what TB is saying. I don't think (given your feelings) that your graduation is going to mean anything more than an inconvenience to you. Its not about you though ~ its about your mom and dad. It is a small enough thing to do for them for the years they have spent "rehabbing" you ~ yes? And soon you will be on your own. So put a smile on, change your attitude, act like there is no where else you would rather be and get it done. It is the least you can do.

Congrats and good luck on your future!

Angie - I have decided to go....just wish I would have last year. :lol:

BTW I love the baby possums too. We were rehabbing some that were just opening there eyes. Suprisingly they were very cute...plus when I was holding the one it wrapped its little pink tail around my pinky. :oops: So cute. Then one of its sibblings kept playing dead...poor little thing was scared.

You might not have to choose if your school is like several around here that have cancelled prom on account of the swine, uh, whatever they want to call it, flu.

FarmGirl10":1g2u08jt said:
TexasBred":1g2u08jt said:
TB - Since the start of HS I haven't had many classes with the others in my grade. I was the freshman taking sophmore/jounior classes then the sophmore taking jounior/senior classes. Then onto the HS jounior/senior taking college freshman/sophmore classes. Because of this I haven't been around my classmates a whole lot, instead the class that graduated last year is what I would consider my class. Plus, out of the class of '08 many of the students considered me as one of them, and that's where most of my friends from the town I live by are from. So what I said may have sounded b!tchy but it wasn't meant like that. :lol: I just wish my parents wouldn't have talked me out of graduating last year. I was going to but they put a stop to it. :frowns:

My apologies to you FarmGirl. Go forward and enjoy your life. :tiphat:

possums are a nasty creature,and very sneaky. I was going to make a comment about a possum and an old cow we had that died,but I will be quite.

Gotta say all little animals are cute looking. But they grow up.

Cal

Calman":3fkpun69 said:
possums are a nasty creature,and very sneaky. I was going to make a comment about a possum and an old cow we had that died,but I will be quite.

Cal
Yes they are, a week later they were fugly. Opossums have a very short window of cuteness...which happens to be when they are still in the pouch full time.

FarmGirl10":98785f67 said:
Calman":98785f67 said:

Cal
Yes they are, a week later they were fugly. Opossums have a very short window of cuteness...which happens to be when they are still in the pouch full time.
You guys are crazy!! I will get a picture of one of my babies sometime ~ have to transfer it to a disk so it'll be a bit, but you will see it is cute. There is something enchanting about a little animal, totally dependent on you, with enough gall to hiss and sass when you try to help it. Gotta admire that kind of chutzpa. :clap:

Baby coons are probably my favorite, but talk about a destructive animal when they get to be older :help: ..... I also am partial to squirrels....deer are neat. Oh ~ I like birds too..... :lol2:

Has anyone seen the program about an African family that raised a Honey Badger. Apparently the meanest of the mean in the African environment, but they raised him and he was the sweetest natured animal. Amazing.

aussie_cowgirl":22dzod27 said:
Has anyone seen the program about an African family that raised a Honey Badger. Apparently the meanest of the mean in the African environment, but they raised him and he was the sweetest natured animal. Amazing.

Heck we have a lady here in Texas (Lammie) that's raising a rat because someone gave it to her and told her it was a "sugar glider".. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Well today i had to spend some time at my HS and oddly enough I enjoyed seeing a few of them. But when I pulled in I glanced back at the parking lot and guess what I saw. One of the Sophmores is driving an Audi, thats a new one, previously the parking lot only had Lexuses and BMWs. :lol: Plus the "normal kids" cars.