Which One for the Win?

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Reaction score
Friend of mine was the breeder of one of the heifers and was a little distraught about coming in second to the other one that's pictured. He is wondering why he's second. Any thought?

What were the ages on the 2 females? Which one was he breeder of? I wouldn't be able to tell you why his got second if I don't know that.

I'm no fan of anything that's judged. IMHo, the calf on the right is the clear winner. Not sure which one he bred. Way more volume and depth.

Yeah, from that picture it wasn't even a close contest. Could have been a structural issue that's impossible to see from a pic, that made the judge totally eliminate that heifer.

The left may have had a bit more butt, it's had to tell for sure with the girl standing there. I like his top line a whole lot better, but hated seeing that navel.

Tough to judge from one picture, the heifer on the left appears more feminine the the heifer on the right, had to look twice to see if the calf on the right was a steer or heifer. It could have come down to how they looked on the move, or how the person on the end of the stick had the animal presented when the judge was evaluating the animal. Showmen can make a huge difference on how the calf appears, a good showmen can hide the animals faults and at the same time highlight their assets.

Latest posts