Which is your favorite?

Help Support CattleToday:

holm25

Reaction score
Just figured I'd see which of these girls you guys like best? They are just plain old commercial girls... Don't be afraid to rag on them. Won't hurt my feelings any! I know they aren't perfect but sometimes it's hard to pick out flaws in something you've put so much work into!

This girl is gonna be a big cow...
BF74_A6_D4-_B65_A-4_F34-_A5_E5-958_EF6_C112_E3.jpg

This girl is growing just like her sisters... Not much belly until she gets bred and then it never goes away...
FC657_EFC-14_F3-44_DF-_BE50-_D06_A860_AFD9_F.jpg

This girl is standing very weird... But she is looking good IMO...
94_F6_BBF1-2_CCF-4_AAF-9_D74-_D2_B97_D6_D1626.jpg

Another nice one...
9_E9_BDBC0-_D054-4_BC9-81_AE-5_BA5_C895_DB19.jpg

TennesseeTuxedo":zhz84zza said:
I prefer the first one but that's mainly because your skill as a photographer is almost as bad as mine.

I actually do a lot of photography but these girls are such pains in the butt when it comes to pictures!

Sometimes they won't get into position no matter what and if they do they're not there long. The better the animal usually the easier to get a decent pic.

Probably the first one, but all have some parts that could make them descent cows. Just depends on the sire and dam as to what to do with them.

Not being mean, and may be the pics, but number 2 and 3 look hatchet azzed. Other than that they're ok. Not saying my girls are any beauty queens. (Insert smiley face)

Txpiney":q52dfjsa said:
Not being mean, and may be the pics, but number 2 and 3 look hatchet azzed. Other than that they're ok. Not saying my girls are any beauty queens. (Insert smiley face)

Hatchet azz?

ALACOWMAN":1xojraab said:
Folks seem to put a little too much emphasis on the butts on the females..
Hah if that were true then most angus wouldn't be as bad as they are. Hatches azz refers to them being light muscled in the rear. Back to the original question they should all make good cows :) sometimes the ugliest will be the best producers and the pretty one just avg

frieghttrain":dmrj94sm said:
ALACOWMAN":dmrj94sm said:
Hah if that were true then most angus wouldn't be as bad as they are. Hatches azz refers to them being light muscled in the rear. Back to the original question they should all make good cows :) sometimes the ugliest will be the best producers and the pretty one just avg
I know what it refers to.. Angus are Angus different breeds have different characteristics.. the bull choice is a different matter. Believe me I've put a lot of emphasis on the light muscling. but to many other important factors into producing a functional female.

ALACOWMAN":z9aezbt9 said:
frieghttrain":z9aezbt9 said:
ALACOWMAN":z9aezbt9 said:
I know what it refers to.. Angus are Angus different breeds have different characteristics.. the bull choice is a different matter. Believe me I've put a lot of emphasis on the light muscling. but to many other important factors into producing a functional female.
I put that reference in there for Holm for some reason I couldn't quote him as well?? That is true But I still haven't noticed an emphasis on the rear end department in females like you're talking about

ALACOWMAN":2g5dcd6s said:
frieghttrain":2g5dcd6s said:
ALACOWMAN":2g5dcd6s said:

This ^^^^
Form follows function. Select for the traits that you deem important and phenotype will follow. Trying in opposite order will lead to a long road to hoe.