Which implant?

Help Support CattleToday:

Midtenn

Reaction score
I'm only familiar with ralgro , so now that its not available, could anyone recommend another brand that gives good results? I would like to use the same product on steers and heifers (feeders). I usually give ralgro at 2-3 months of age, I don't know if all brands are the same. Thanks.

Valley vet sells Ralgro. We use it some and I just checked. The gun/needles and the implant wheel all still available.

Coosh71":2a7nhofi said:
Valley vet sells Ralgro. We use it some and I just checked. The gun/needles and the implant wheel all still available.

I saw it on there but didn't even try to buy it, i just assumed it was on back order. I will try right now thanks.

Coosh71":1tw78g4y said:
No when you try to check out it says currently unavailable.

kenny thomas":wzvbvqde said:
Since when is Ralgro not available? I bought 50 doses in May. Hope I can get more .

It's been hard to find since about may or June.

They all have a different gun. I use Revalor G but it is off label if you use it on suckling calves. Almost impossible to know if one is better than the other. I believe Synovex is approved for suckling calves, not sure about Compudose

Midtenn":3jvqdm7u said:
kenny thomas":3jvqdm7u said:
Since when is Ralgro not available? I bought 50 doses in May. Hope I can get more .

It's been hard to find since about may or June.
Sent a text to my supplier. Guess I will hear in the morning. 3 years ago i was getting it with short use dates for $4 a disc. Bought 8 discs i think that year.

I couldn't get Ralgro from anyone in late May. Used Revalor G on 4/5 weight stocker steers and I have liked my results. Revalor guy hoped the loss of Ralgro would boost his business enough, he was giving out their guns at the feed store one day. That was nice at least!

Latest posts