Which GnRH do you use?

Help Support CattleToday:

From one site: We do not fully understand the causes of ovarian cysts, which means that there are no specific prevention regimes. However energy deficiency is a major factor, and reducing the depth and length of the period of negative energy balance after calving, will significantly reduce the incidence of cystic ovaries

This can be achieved by:
Ensuring cows calve with a condition score between 2 and 3
Correct formulation of the ration
Maximising dry matter intake
Minimising metabolic disease
Maximising the care of the cow at and just after calving

Link to Merck:
http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/index ... 110702.htm

dun":3cdb1s4c said:
novatech":3cdb1s4c said:
I was asking because I have a cow that has had a cystic ovary for 3 years in a row. I treat her with cystorelin and lute then AI her. She takes first time every time. She stays butter ball fat most of the time. Vet says that poor cows are more susceptible to it.
Have you kept an of her daughters?
I have one that is getting ready to calve now. She came into heat like normal. The mom did the same when she was younger. The problem did not start until she was 8.

novatech":9dzho126 said:
dun":9dzho126 said:
novatech":9dzho126 said:
I was asking because I have a cow that has had a cystic ovary for 3 years in a row. I treat her with cystorelin and lute then AI her. She takes first time every time. She stays butter ball fat most of the time. Vet says that poor cows are more susceptible to it.
Have you kept an of her daughters?
I have one that is getting ready to calve now. She came into heat like normal. The mom did the same when she was younger. The problem did not start until she was 8.

The last one we had to do it to was Granny 10 years ago when she was 11. She hasn;t done it since and neither did the one heifer(now cow) that she had.

We use CIDR's with 2cc shot of cystorelin
Remove in 7 days with 5cc shot Lutalyze
At AI we give 2cc shot cystorelin
Time breed at 72hours cows and 84hours heifers.
AI any that are standing early.
21 cows 18 bred 10 were AI including 2 - 1999 cows.
Blessings
Valerie Clavin