Which clipper to use.

Help Support CattleToday:

phillse

Reaction score
I am looking to get a set of clippers to use on students show projects. I realy like what I have seen about Andis clippers. Which type or models is the best.

Thanks for any help

I dont know much about different clippers but If you call up Sullvans in TX their clipper guy will help you choose the one that fits your situation best they also sell used clippers if that helps out any

I think that the basic Andis 2 speed clippers do just fine. They are versitile, and can be used for everything. There are so many different blades that you can put on them.

I would get the Andis 2 speed with a #10 blade, blocking blade, and a medium blending blade. All work wonderful on clipping calves for show.

I use Andis med. blending blade, for body and neck $32.50
Oster power pro cordless clipper $209.95
Oster #7F not a skiptooth blade $32.50 for the face, against the grain.

The cordless clipper can get heavy but I like, not having to struggle with the cord. It is also kid friendly, my 10 and 12 year old handle it great.
I bought everything from Sullivans,
Hope this helps.

I like the Laube mini micros. They fit my had better than the andis and I can clip a lot longer with them. Not to mention they cut at twice the speed of the andis.

Frequently pet edge has the same clippers for far less than sulllivans. Apparently dog people are not willing to spend as much. I buy stuff from them all the time.

hraz":2cezsll7 said:
Frequently pet edge has the same clippers for far less than sulllivans. Apparently dog people are not willing to spend as much. I buy stuff from them all the time.

Wow great prices, thanks sooooooooo much :D

to clip with i use either the andis light speeds or the andis super 2 speeds. then for blades i use the medium[also called the medium blending], t-84, blending, opti block, x block, super blocking and 5/8 blades. used for all diffrent areas. the mediums t-84 and 5/8 are for the head and neck and tail. the others are for everything else. all of your Blocking blades cut the hair extreamly short... almost bald. your others leave it longer. if you need anything else on clippers feel free to pm me.

Latest posts