Which calf to sell

Help Support CattleToday:

Well to get to his other pages you click home or one of the underlined words at the bottom. All they had on the pages was a tractor ans something esle I don't know much about.
Ellie May

Naw I ain't mad at you all. The three cows that had the calves were already breed when I brought them. I have now purchased my own registered Black Angus bull along with a registered Black Angus cow bread to bull with good EPDs. I am selling all three calves now after reading all the post. The only thing is the e-mail I got from somebody. There was no need for slamming me the way you did. I am learning, thanks to the rest of you. I could post the e-mail if you all would like to read it?

Yeah I wanna read it. I think it's good that people say their opinions but to dis on somebody that's just starting or has something a little different. I think that's wrong.
Ellie May

Here is the e-mail I got yesterday, right to the point you think.

For the love of cows sell everything that you have and never ever buy another cow again. You obvisously don't have a f___ing clue what you are doing and if you breed this stunted little **** your going to end up killing the Heifer and the calf. This kind **** makes me laugh.

Anybody that has read these boards for a few months probably feels about 95% to 99% certain of who sent him the email! Doesn't the "style" sound pretty familiar? Arnold Z.

Jake":1vbjsn7p said:
yeah it does but there are a few people like that running around here now
My guess would be one of three. And two are fairly new to the board.

Here is the e-mail I got yesterday, right to the point you think.

For the love of cows sell everything that you have and never ever buy another cow again. You obvisously don't have a f___ing clue what you are doing and if you breed this stunted little be nice your going to end up killing the Heifer and the calf. This kind be nice makes me laugh.
This is an obvious dead ringer. Although there are some posts we can gather good info from, for the most part this is a good example of what a big ego and a small brain will do to you.

OK, now you have piqued my curiosity. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Can only think on one who might have sent the email, but I haven't been here long enough to be sure. If anyone want to tell me in a pm I will be grateful.

As long as we are on this page I just want to say that I just visited the Lazyhill web site. I am an Angus man but he got some dang sure good looking Longhorns. That Final Edition bull looks powerful. Couple of nice, well colored young heifers. For Longhorns I would want more color than the mostly black.

Thank you for the compliment. I don't try to justify longhorns on these forums because they get bashed so much. Longhorns have their place and I have to admit it is mostly with people that either have more money than they reasonably know what to do with or people who want some pets for an "ag" exemption. I also sell a lot of longhorns to older ranchers that want to still have cattle but go into semi-retirement. In our breeding program, we focus on longhorns that have body as much as horn, color, disposition, etc. Too many longhorn breeders will buy and sell sorry looking bodied cows. To me, it just isn't right to have a cow that doesn't look like a proper cow.

I've sold a few longhorns to several of my neighbors over the past couple of years and they are always amazed at how big the longhorns are compared to their angus or mixed breed cattle. The longhorns, however, are clearly more lean than their others.

As a side note, I also run commercial purebred brangus cattle and that probably influences many of my longhorn decisions.

In this business there are those who drive the cattle and those who drive the industry. I think the rude ones are usually the former. Rare indeed is the one who does both.