Which bull do you like better?

Help Support CattleToday:

redangus

Reaction score
LCC_Major_League_A502M.jpg

029AR00201_Bull.jpg

bull #2, better conformation... and a thing I've heard about the Hairpin/ Leachman cattle is that if you take them to poorer grass than what they are on back west (which belive me is GOOD grass) they are hard keeping animals... something that they pass on very often.

Leachman Cattle Company was doing alot of Pied crosses that I why I asked.
There are many breeds of cattle in Michigan but I am associated with several breeders that raise Piedmontese. We are happy with them and are eager to get the word out about the breed.
This is my brothers bull:
02and03events062.jpg

I don't care for the testicle attachment on the Ludvigson bull (#2). He is also a little flat made for me . The first bull doesn't have enough guts or heart girth.

Neither , is that a choice?
After looking again the first bull has quite a twist to his testicles

CKC1586":2v29tu9l said:
Leachman Cattle Company was doing alot of Pied crosses that I why I asked.
There are many breeds of cattle in Michigan but I am associated with several breeders that raise Piedmontese. We are happy with them and are eager to get the word out about the breed.
This is my brothers bull:
02and03events062.jpg

Leachman uses Piedmontese crosses for the Lauras Lean Beef Program, they wouldnt sale those crosses as seedstock. I think the Pied crosses are at a Montana Division. And by the way I am not at all being a smart elic or nothing like that, there have been to many of them on these boards, but it seems like every time you make a post it has to do something with Piedmontese. That is great that you like your breed and support them. I like Piedmontese, and like to learn about different breeds ,and I would like for you to inform me about them. I have even thought about getting a Pied bull for crossing before. Its just kind of funny because it seems like if someone were to post a picture of a hignland bull you would ask if it had piedmontese in it. Anyway I do like that picture of that bull you posted. How old is he?

Hey Red Angus, how about that bull in your avitar. That looks like a nice picture , why don't you use him? Or do you?

I like ML, but that picture isn't the best of him--The only thing he lacks is a stronger and straighter back. The other one is fine, I'm sure, but if we're shopping ABS--I REally like Cherokee Canyon!!!

I believe that red angus's avatar is a picture of SSS Boomer 803B. He is a son of FCC Rambo 502. In Canada his semen is valuable and used in ET work mainly. The Top Brass calf of Ludvigson's is pretty well hairpin bred as well if I remember correctly.

What is the name of the other LCC bull?

BWA can you post a big picture of him? I would like to see him.

fellersbarnoneranch":3twhfcda said:
I like ML, but that picture isn't the best of him--The only thing he lacks is a stronger and straighter back. The other one is fine, I'm sure, but if we're shopping ABS--I REally like Cherokee Canyon!!!
I have never seen this picture of Major League. I have been right in the analysis of the calves . Gutless and tight hearted. What a shame. Lots of semen sold on him. Why don't these studs use better bulls. There are plenty of them out there. Epd's and the brand on their hip rule the day.