Which Breed would you choose?

Help Support CattleToday:

Well I dont know much about how your grading system works, but here is a FB limo I fed out for a steer show, he sure as hell aint a YG0 ... he was actually champion on the hoof but missed out on the champion on the hooks because he ended up too fat.

Sydney_Stud_04_07.jpg

4CTophand":ixmd2ydm said:
Red Bull Breeder":ixmd2ydm said:
A Cattle Feeder's Perspective on Limousin
Dec 27th, 2008 | By Andy | Category: WHAT'S NEW
Tom Brink of Five Rivers Cattle Feeding provided a feeder's perspective on Limousin cattle.

Brink's first preference when feeding cattle are Angus x Continental cross calves. ( Simm x Angus)-- read it and weep gentleman-- thank you for your honesty red bull and if you need some good Simm bulls give me a call or some Simm cows or Angus Cows He said that animals with these type of genetics usually are the most consistent at eating, grading, and yielding with just the right size. thank you red bull for providing more proof

Brink also provided a few advantages to feeding out Limousin calves. He said that they generally have good frame and grow well. Brink complimented the role Limousin can play in providing red meat yield but said that the industry has not fully valued this characteristic versus quality grade.read between the lines here -- that is a nice way of saying that the Limmi won't provide the Quality Grades the beef industry insists upon This undervaluation is not a good thing but clearly a reality in the beef industry.

With red Bulls assistance --thank you by the way -- I rest my case. This post can now be closed.
Next Subject Please-- but any further posts from me will have to wait until I get back from Oxfordshire, UK

Are you going there to buy cattle or sheep or goats or maybe all three?

No not at all --- no need to go to the UK to buy any meat animals -- I think the US has that covered -- don't you?

see yall in a month

Keren":1uw9r8so said:
Well I dont know much about how your grading system works, but here is a FB limo I fed out for a steer show, he sure as be nice aint a YG0 ... he was actually champion on the hoof but missed out on the champion on the hooks because he ended up too fat.

Sydney_Stud_04_07.jpg
very nice Keren --- but we are not talking show steers-- we are talking about the run of the mill feeder that hasn't been coddled and fed show feed since he was 7 months old--- cmon get a grip pls

4CTophand":2zshpd5v said:
No not at all --- no need to go to the UK to buy any meat animals -- I think the US has that covered -- don't you?

see yall in a month

Why hurry? Go ahead and make it a year or two. :wave:

4CTophand":3t579q9w said:

see yall in a month

4CTophand":n794xejh said:
Red Bull Breeder":n794xejh said:
Tom Brink of Five Rivers Cattle Feeding provided a feeder's perspective on Limousin cattle.

Brink's first preference when feeding cattle are Angus x Continental cross calves. ( Simm x Angus)-- read it and weep gentleman-- thank you for your honesty red bull and if you need some good Simm bulls give me a call or some Simm cows or Angus Cows He said that animals with these type of genetics usually are the most consistent at eating, grading, and yielding with just the right size. thank you red bull for providing more proof

Brink also provided a few advantages to feeding out Limousin calves. He said that they generally have good frame and grow well. Brink complimented the role Limousin can play in providing red meat yield but said that the industry has not fully valued this characteristic versus quality grade.read between the lines here -- that is a nice way of saying that the Limmi won't provide the Quality Grades the beef industry insists upon This undervaluation is not a good thing but clearly a reality in the beef industry.

With red Bulls assistance --thank you by the way -- I rest my case. This post can now be closed.
Next Subject Please-- but any further posts from me will have to wait until I get back from Oxfordshire, UK

I could have sworn there were more Continental breeds than just Simmental!!!

4CTophand":21kawpto said:
--my last post. :tiphat:

This post can now be closed.

see yall in a month

It looks like you have a trend going here.

Jovid":30akxm36 said:
4CTophand":30akxm36 said:
Red Bull Breeder":30akxm36 said:

Are you going there to buy cattle or sheep or goats or maybe all three?

Nah, he's going over there to teach the Brits how to screw up there breeding programs to achieve a YG0!!

4CTophand":1ugts85f said:
very nice Keren --- but we are not talking show steers-- we are talking about the run of the mill feeder that hasn't been coddled and fed show feed since he was 7 months old--- cmon get a grip pls

Actually 4CT he was grass fed until 11 mths old (no creep, weaned at 6 mths onto pasture), then grain fed for 90 days and slaughtered at 14 mths. I used a TMR that I obtained from our local feedlot.

He wasnt kept in a cool room or put on a treadmill or made to walk behind the ATV every day. He was pen fed ad lib, and once I had him broken in he was tied up once a week for half an hour or so, a quick brush and wash then its back to the paddock. I was feeding out 15 steers at the time for the same show; I didnt have the time to waste on pampering them.

4CTophand":2t3v7v54 said:
Next Subject Please-- but any further posts from me will have to wait until I get back from Oxfordshire, UK[/b]

What a coincidnce!! I'm flying out there myself on Friday and will be there the rest of the month!! I used to be the President of Oxford University, you see, and am going to be visiting friends and family. Are you going to be published at Oxford University Press? I'm sure they'd be interested in someone of your vast knowledge. If you have any trouble, perhaps I can help you. My great- great grandfather founded the press, and my older brother has been the director for the past 9 years. He pretty much has the final say in what gets published and what doesn't. But then I suppose you wouldn't need that kind of help, you being sought after by every publishing house in the world and all. Silly me!! :oops:
It would sure be great to finally meet you!! If convenient for you, meet me at the Oxfordshire Museum in Woodstock at 10am next Tuesday. Oh, what am I thinking!!?? You're much too busy a man to be following my silly little schedule!! Sorry. :oops: I'll tell you what. PM me with a time and place and I'll be sure and be there. We could discuss YG 0 cattle and corn planting and synchronization and the fact that Simmis are the only continental breed of cattle now and, GOSH, I have so many questions to ask you!! Why, I'm getting all goose bumply just thinking about it!!
By the way, I think you got a bum rap from everyone on that corn planting thing. 15 acres in an hour with a 4 row planter is child's play. Heck, when I was a kid we used to plant by hand and I could do 20 acres an hour no problem on a good day!! Well, except that one spring when the bull broke both my legs and I had to pull myself down the rows with one hand and plant with the other. I thought 12 acres an hour was pretty good all things considered, but Daddy whipped me with a knotted plow line and called me a slacker. Oh, well. It made me a better man, I suppose. Toodles!!

Outstanding then Keren
Actually this was my last post --that can be found on page 4 a message to herf

thanks for answering the questions raised --- and my hat is off to you :tiphat: because out of the 600+ people that read this post today only you were willing to further educate yourself in your chosen field -- kinda sad isn't it-- to think that with a group of our peers only 1 person is willing to further research and learn about the business they are in-- that is amazing.

I wish you luck in all your endeavors and I am glad to know ONE person that has the drive to succeed---------- You don't need me anymore-- This is my last Post on CT.... but do me one favor---- please help some of these know-it-alls'-- as I helped you think about your operation -- so you do the Christian thing--- maybe it isn't one of the 10 commandments -- but pass on your knowledge to someone else as there is no reason generation after generation has to re-invent the wheel

VanC":2mykmi54 said:
4CTophand":2mykmi54 said:
Next Subject Please-- but any further posts from me will have to wait until I get back from Oxfordshire, UK[/b]

What a coincidnce!! I'm flying out there myself on Friday and will be there the rest of the month!! I used to be the President of Oxford University, you see, and am going to be visiting friends and family. Are you going to be published at Oxford University Press? I'm sure they'd be interested in someone of your vast knowledge. If you have any trouble, perhaps I can help you. My great- great grandfather founded the press, and my older brother has been the director for the past 9 years. He pretty much has the final say in what gets published and what doesn't. But then I suppose you wouldn't need that kind of help, you being sought after by every publishing house in the world and all. Silly me!! :oops:
It would sure be great to finally meet you!! If convenient for you, meet me at the Oxfordshire Museum in Woodstock at 10am next Tuesday. Oh, what am I thinking!!?? You're much too busy a man to be following my silly little schedule!! Sorry. :oops: I'll tell you what. PM me with a time and place and I'll be sure and be there. We could discuss YG 0 cattle and corn planting and synchronization and the fact that Simmis are the only continental breed of cattle now and, GOSH, I have so many questions to ask you!! Why, I'm getting all goose bumply just thinking about it!!
By the way, I think you got a bum rap from everyone on that corn planting thing. 15 acres in an hour with a 4 row planter is child's play. Heck, when I was a kid we used to plant by hand and I could do 20 acres an hour no problem on a good day!! Well, except that one spring when the bull broke both my legs and I had to pull myself down the rows with one hand and plant with the other. I thought 12 acres an hour was pretty good all things considered, but Daddy whipped me with a knotted plow line and called me a slacker. Oh, well. It made me a better man, I suppose. Toodles!!

ROTFLMAO!!!! :lol2:

VanC":2ou0w6fh said:
4CTophand":2ou0w6fh said:

Here's 4C getting ready to plant corn...... :eek:

While you are gone, take a little time and study this to try to learn the purpose of the words and letters in brackets and quotation marks. I have quoted a post from backhoeboogie that quoted you. All I did was change all the brackets to parentheses so that the words and letters would be part of the post and show the effect they have. On the tip hat I deleted one colon. Under this post is what the post looks like when all the brackets and punctuation are in their proper places. If by error one is deleted when shortening whatever you want to post, go back and fix the brackets and punctuation. It saves a lot of reading when one recognizes the quote but has to read thru all of it to figure where the new post begins. Most folks get it after a short time but it seems you haven't taken time to figure it out yet.

(quote="backhoeboogie)(quote="4CTophand")(b)--my last post. :tiphat (/b)(/quote)

(quote="4CTophand")
(b)This post can now be closed.
Next Subject Please-- but any further posts from me will have to wait until I get back from Oxfordshire, UK[/b][/quote]

(quote="4CTophand")see yall in a month(/quote)

It looks like you have a trend going here.(/quote)

backhoeboogie":3lc9eb4p said:
4CTophand":3lc9eb4p said:
--my last post. :tiphat:

This post can now be closed.

see yall in a month

It looks like you have a trend going here.

The beginning will look similar to this, (Keep in mind I used an asterisk instead of quote marks to be able to show and tell)
*XXXXXX* said:
the message. The end of the message will be followed with the bracket, backslash and the word quote like this

Now look what happens when I replace the asterisks with actual "quote marks"

XXXXXX":3lc9eb4p said:
The message. The end of the message will be followed with the a bracket, backslash and the word quote like this

A screen full of chopped up posts are the result if any of the directives are out of place.

HAVE A GOOD MONTH :tiphat:

That's a great idea, he could put some paddle tires on it and skip across the pond!

Latest posts