which breed of bull to use with my cows

Help Support CattleToday:

i'd probably go with angus. simmental might be an option depending on how much limousin influence you have.

yeah i was going to suggest brangus until i saw he is located in Nova Scotia. better go with angus or red angus.

Brangus Chick":1cnj400e said:
O sorry didnt know he lived that north brangus wouldn't be good up there.

It would not matter If they were great there..the Canadian border is closed to anything other than feeder cattle from the U.S

thats ok Brangus Chick. we all make one mistake at some point. try not to let it happen again though. yours, beefy

p.s. i like a woman who can admit when shes wrong.

If AI is feasible, there aren;t any restrictions on what breed/source for semen. The breed depends mostly on what your market is although you can find bulls (via AI) that can provice results that aren;t what is considered typical for the breed.

dun

Thanks again everyone for the great replies,murrey gray would be interesting to look at.I not sure if there is any breeders in Nova Scotia ,also looking at some Salers websites Salers use to be around here on several farms for crossing breeding years ago .I planning on to go around farms and take look at some calves to see how big some offspring are from different breeds .Thanks Dean

If it were me, I would stick with Horned or Polled Hereford Bulls. They will last in any condition and will meet up to your herd standards of just what your looking for. Herefords will add that extra pound and marbling to your beef that your carcass calves are missing. Choose Hereford and you will never change your mind again. Take care. :cboy:

Hereford would be a nice choice...I'd go polled, I'm tired of horns....I look at temperment and past experiences with Salers (been a bit feisty) and with the Limi could get a non-team player....The white face would be a sound choice...Angus would be my second (actually if it was my cow I would need to use the Angus because we have a Red Angus bull not a Hereford)...not much help, I know...Dave Mc

Dean the hobby farmer":2z2xwj4g said:
Thanks again everyone for the great replies,murrey gray would be interesting to look at.I not sure if there is any breeders in Nova Scotia ,also looking at some Salers websites Salers use to be around here on several farms for crossing breeding years ago .I planning on to go around farms and take look at some calves to see how big some offspring are from different breeds .Thanks Dean

I am not that familiar with Canada,but I do know that there are several Murray Grey Breeders up there that could help you out! Check with the association. ;-) :cboy:

Latest posts