Which brand of tools would you buy?

Help Support CattleToday:

On the battery hand tools, I have several 18v lithium Ryobi s tool and the most important thing on any of these are the batteries. Good quality batteries and they all work good and last a long time. I bought one of those China knock off batteries and it lasted very few charges and I threw it in the trash and bought a couple extra high dollar OEM batteries and every one of the tools are strong. Have good batteries equal good tool or sorry batteries equals POS tool on any of them. A good quick charger is very important also....Dewalt tools have "Made in China" on them as well as all the others. It is pretty much a Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge thing on name bands. I am sure if a tool cost twice as much common sense says yes it will be better though. If I was making a liven with my tools I would go ahead and bite the bullet and get Milwaukee and Snap-on tools.

I got started with Ryobi back when they were blue...so far back I don't recall. I still have and use my first impact and drill which accept the new Li-Ion batteries like my newer additions use. Really neat to get rid of Ni-cad. The brand is reasonably priced and I have worked them hard, especially the impact. That's all I use.

If you are making a living at something rough and tough Milwaukee would be my choice.
Over 20 years ago I got my first 18 volt Ryobi tool. I probably have 20 plus tools now. I have five 4 amp/hour batteries. The battery is what makes the power and the difference. As far a runtime and torque Ryobi will run with any brand. May not last as long but my 20 year old Ryobi drill and circular saw are still going strong. They have ran circles around DeWalt on several jobs.
I suggest pricing just the tool and then pricing the larger batteries separately as pairs. This may not work if you are buying a combo set. Two amp/hour batteries as pretty useless for anything other than a drill.

I have portacable drill,impact,sawsall
Dewalt circular saw Dewalt grinder Dewalt chopsaw craftsman chopsaw I traded my Dewalt drill and impact for a pistol after o got the portacable it's 20x better in my opinion.
Milwaukee makes some darn good impacts

When I decided to do the undercarriage on my D6 I did some research because I knew I needed at least a 3/4" impact to do the job. I knew I didn't have enough air for pneumatic. I assumed a corded impact would have the most torque, but I was mistaken. Milwaukee's cordless was head and shoulders above the rest and was worth the money for sure and has double the torque of the corded version. Made a believer out of me. Next on the list is their grease gun, my Lincoln doesn't impress me.

I got into Makita 18V Lithium when they first came out, I made my living with them so it was worth the money, they're a little outdated now, but still do what I need of them.. at the time the 1/4" hex drive impact was really impressive, still snaps 5/16th bolts if you're not careful, up to 1/2" bolts it handles alright, beyond that it gets a little wimpy.. Drills are alright but I find the chucks don't last too well.
Mechanic buddy has Milwaukee and they are nice.

On corded tools, I had a Craftsman 8 amp drill, 1/2", hammer, 1100/2200 RPM.. buddy had a Milwaukee and it was the identical drill in new case... Dewalt also adopted it (DW505).. really good drill for medium duty stuff.. We have a Bosch 550 RPM drill that will break your arm but it's too slow for metal work

Milwaukee here also. Like everything else we have, we abuse the heck out of them. One of our 3/8ths impacts finally crapped out after 6 years. Sent it in and for 50$ they completely rebuilt it.
We have 2 3/8"!impacts, 2 1/2" impacts, a grinder, 2 grease guns, skill saw, work lights, fans, about everything you can imagine. They are all great.

Batteries are awesome as well. We bought our first set 6-7 years ago, and only one battery has crapped out

Always had Dewalt, but won a Milwaukee 3/8 battery impact this spring. Its far and away better than my Dewalt tools. Whether its better enough to justify the price is up to the individual. I think it is.

Latest posts