which board first

Help Support CattleToday:

xbred

Reaction score
When you log on to Cattle Today do any of you go to a particular board first? For some reason i always go to "Breeds Board" first..i don't really know why..

xbred":1y1gkg6t said:
When you log on to Cattle Today do any of you go to a particular board first? For some reason i always go to "Breeds Board" first..i don't really know why..

I start with "Beginners", but tend to spend most of my time on "Breeds."

I go to the Breeds Board first. Usually spend most my time there. Then to the Show Board. I randomly go to the other boards. Depends on how busy (or not busy) I am. Sometimes I'll go a few days/week without looking at some of the boards.

Ryan

xbred":2k9qaq3u said:

No, not really. I just tend to work the boards either from the top down, or from the bottom up - depending on my mood. I will say that I don't spend much time on the 'Breeds Board', simply because I don't have a lot of expertise in breeding and a lot of the posts on that board are over my head.

i usually click on the "view your posts" feature first, then the "view new posts" one. my favorites are breeds board and everything else board. my least favorite ones are coffee shop and show.

Coffee Shop followed by Everything Else. I venture outwards from time to time.

Hey, Beefy! How's the action on the Backyard Chicken Forum? I haven't been there in a while. I can't get along with vegetarians that have chickens for pets. I hurt too many feelings. I guess I can ask the same of BB, since he's on there, too. I can't hack the chicken boards.

bigbull338":14k1bttb said:
i start at the bottom with everything else board an work my way up to the top.
Same here unless I'm in a hurry and/or don't have much time - then I just hit Everything Else, Breeds, Breeding/Calving Issues, and Beginners, usually in that order.

Lammie":pvpze5kj said:
Coffee Shop followed by Everything Else. I venture outwards from time to time.

Hey, Beefy! How's the action on the Backyard Chicken Forum? I haven't been there in a while. I can't get along with vegetarians that have chickens for pets. I hurt too many feelings. I guess I can ask the same of BB, since he's on there, too. I can't hack the chicken boards.

Hey Lammie, i know what you mean. do you go by Lammie there? it certainly is a different group from here. theres too much action on the forum to really keep up and most of it is just "extra" stuff i'm not interested in anyway. i just have a handful of people whos posts i try to keep up with and a "goto" list for questions. i hardly read anything on the forum anymore that doesnt catch my attention in the active topics section on the mainpage. I like how they have a Buy/Sell/Trade area there--that would be a nice feature here especially like for hay and stuff. there is now a backyardcows spinoff. not very active.

By the way, i named my favorite chicken Zelda. LOL.

Beefy":ane3816u said:
I like how they have a Buy/Sell/Trade area there--that would be a nice feature here especially like for hay and stuff. .

It's available, it's called free classifieds on Cattle Today

KNERSIE":10la8gy2 said:
1982vett":10la8gy2 said:
I hit the view active topics button.

I didn't even know such a button existed! Where is it?

Cattle Forums
A Place to Discuss Cattle

Skip to content

Board index Change font size User Control Panel (0 new messages) • View your posts Photos FAQ Search Members Logout [ 1982vett ] Last visit was: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:44 pm
It is currently Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:04 pm

View unanswered posts • View new posts • View active topics Mark forums read
Introduce Yourself Topics Posts Last post

Hi! I'm new here.
Let us know who you are. 988 Topics 7066 Posts Last post by ToddFarmsInc
on Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:09 am

How to Use These Boards
Instructions to help you enjoy these Q&A Boards. 7 Topics 7 Posts Last post by M Gravlee
on Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:32 am

Cattle Boards Topics Posts Last post

Beginners Board
The place to start if you are new! 8681 Topics 114079 Posts Last post by angie
on Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:43 pm

Kind of have to look for it. Hope this helps.