Which ABS Angus Sale Bulls?

Help Support CattleToday:

NEFarmWife,
I was waiting for their fall sale like a kid for Santa Claus because I didn't see their ad last fall until it was over.
Just wondering if anyone would take a leap of faith on their Sav Rainmaster bull for $23? Sav Raindance is at $50, I believe, and President is $40.

Going solely off of the picture, I like Inertia and Black Magic. Those are some nice looking bulls.

I think I'll be ordering Hickok. Gonna breed some of our heifers this winter for fall calves to him.

I have heard from a very reputable source that SAV President and Raindance are some of Kelly Schaffs best calves that he's produced.
We have bred to both and will have calves this spring. I would rather pay more and get the ones that are better. Plus Herbsters' semen quality is a step ahead of most, if not all other AI companies.

i saw Impression is basically gone now since his death. Payweight is expensive to use in volume. We have enough 7229 and his sons exposure (including clean up bulls).

Think I'll try Jet Black in the fall on around 25 hd. Probably go back with Hickok in the spring on around 40 hd.

LCBulls":2rj4sal4 said:
I have heard from a very reputable source that SAV President and Raindance are some of Kelly Schaffs best calves that he's produced.
We have bred to both and will have calves this spring. I would rather pay more and get the ones that are better. Plus Herbsters' semen quality is a step ahead of most, if not all other AI companies.

Hoping to see a lot of both of those calves this afternoon! We bred some of our PB to President this last spring.

We LOVE Herbster also. You get what you pay for.

Air gator":3iz1k1ln said:
NEFarmWife,
I was waiting for their fall sale like a kid for Santa Claus because I didn't see their ad last fall until it was over.
Just wondering if anyone would take a leap of faith on their Sav Rainmaster bull for $23? Sav Raindance is at $50, I believe, and President is $40.

I need to pay attention. I didn't even know they had sales. I need to check but I'm almost sure our guy likely gave us the better price but if not, it's alright. He saved us a lot on epic last spring.

NEFarmwife":2k7pfhcg said:
LCBulls":2k7pfhcg said:

Hoping to see a lot of both of those calves this afternoon! We bred some of our PB to President this last spring.

Cool,I'd love to hear your impressions of their calfcrop. And if Raindance and President calves are really as impressive as the pictures and word of mouth suggest.

LCBulls":i5jbc704 said:
NEFarmwife":i5jbc704 said:
LCBulls":i5jbc704 said:

Cool,I'd love to hear your impressions of their calfcrop. And if Raindance and President calves are really as impressive as the pictures and word of mouth suggest.
Was unable to get over there like we planned. Got our hands on a trencher, so work came first. Will be getting there soon though. I'll update.

Maybe I can grab some pics as well.

On the Simmental side, I think I'll try Roosevelt this fall. Cowboy Cut X Sharper Image X Upgrade. Tons of growth potential there. Should be fun to watch them grow

Latest posts