Where's Ron.

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenny thomas

Reaction score
Anyone miss the old troublemaker? Who else has went away either by being banned or just getting tired of others that eventually got banned? I can remember several that have had great ideas, and some that were just full of BS.

I would love to see Ron come back to the forum. He brought forward a lot of good information.

I text with him every so often. Usually it's when I have a AI question. Ron is a wealth of information to someone doing their own AI work.
He breeds 20 plus cows every year all on natural heats by himself.

I'll also say that Ron raises some really good cattle. The best Cow I own was purchased from Ron as a bred heifer. She has bred back AI within 65 days of calving on first service for the 2 years I've owned her.

Let's not get too soft hearted. Lol
I just wondered about him and lots of others. The others haven't been mentioned

I have been a regular reader of the CT board for 15 years or more. Just never registered until last year when I retired.
Just wondering how many of the members know the origin of Cattle Today. It started out as a newspaper style publication for cattle people in the southeastern USA. I am thinking in the 80's. Editor was a young lady - Belinda Hood Ary. Originally from Texas. Living in Fayette, Alabama. She and her husband Rickey had two boys who were into baseball. I believe the paper was published twice a month. She always talked about her boys in her column in the paper. Rest of the paper was ads and articles about cattle. Original subscribers received the paper for free. Later subscribers paid $10/year. Several regular contributors from industry experts. A very informative cattle news magazine. If you advertised your sale in the news magazine, they had representatives they would send to your sale to help take bids and to represent CT. Later, Cattle Today offered web site design and then started the CT website which had several parts - one of which was this forum. The news magazine stopped a few years ago. This forum is the only remaining part of the website. If I have any of that incorrect, someone please chime in.

Let's not get too soft hearted. Lol
I just wondered about him and lots of others. The others haven't been mentioned
Grit, Sir Loin, Isomade, Chippie, Frankie, Hoss, I luv herfrds (remember the house build?), dun (best ever), cow pollinator, Jogeephus, Beefy, Angus Cowman, melking, 3waycross, cottagefarm, plumber greg, vickiethevet, milkmaid, are some that I remember.

Grit, Sir Loin, Isomade, Chippie, Frankie, Hoss, I luv herfrds (remember the house build?), dun (best ever), cow pollinator, Jogeephus, Beefy, Angus Cowman, melking, 3waycross, cottagefarm, plumber greg, vickiethevet, milkmaid, are some that I remember.
Lot of very knowledgeable people there. Didnt realize how many of those were gone till you mentioned them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts