Where's Alice?

Help Support CattleToday:

VanC":3f67qglf said:
Mike, alice and myself have all been spending a lot of time over at ranchers arguing about politics. I'm ready to come back over here if you'll have me. Too depressing over there.

The last thing a Cubs fan needs is more depression. :nod:

Alice, I'm glad you are OK and glad your grandson is OK too. Maybe this will be a learning experience for him. Maybe they all will learn that fooseball just ain't as important as one's health. The hero quarterback on my high school team was celebrated and applauded till the day he got his neck broke in a game. I think if you asked him today if the 5 yards he gained was worth it, I believe he would look at his wheelchair and say no. In my opinion, we have gone too far with sports. Set it too high on the importantce list. I'm reminded of this quite often when I look at my Dupont knee.

Welcome back Alice.

Much like Jo, I stumbled upon this board too and really like the atmosphere of family and friends. This is a nice place to lay out the welcome mat and hang up your hat.

Alice":14ij8bvl said:
I allowed myself to get caught up in that mess on the political board at rancher's...

You think maybe that's why Macon doesn;t allow politics on these boards?

Alice":1n2oa7r9 said:
:oops: :oops: :oops:

I allowed myself to get caught up in that mess on the political board at rancher's...

That, and I've been fussing over my grandson who sustained another concussion while playing football. That was wretched...long hours in the emergency room. He's ok now, I guess. He's been out of play for 2 weeks and lost his starting position on the team, and I'm mad as a hornet about that...yet, my dear husband, and my dear son-in-law, tell me it's just part of the game. And really, his health and well being means more than some dumb position. Just like, you good folks mean more to me than that hateful political board.

Love you guys!

Alice :tiphat: :wave:

Good to have ya back Alice :D Bunch of jackels over there at rancher's. Do those folks ever talk about cattle or farming?

dun":2hs16enz said:
Alice":2hs16enz said:

Macon is probably a Mensa member :D

Thanks ya'll! :)

Jo, I'm gonna have my grandson read what you wrote about high school football.

Alice

backhoeboogie":28a065ye said:
dun":28a065ye said:
Alice":28a065ye said:

Macon is probably a Mensa member :D

Good one! :clap:

Alice

Glad to see ya back Alice and that your Grandson is feeling OK. Don't go for so long next time... :welcome: :banana: :tiphat: :heart:

oops forgot....Van your always welcome in my book.... :banana: :tiphat:

I gotta tell you, every once in a while I get tempted to let loose with something political on here, but the longer you hang around here, the more you appreciate this as a neutral zone. I've lurked around over there at ranchers enough to know I can't handle that stuff. Problem with the political back and forth is that nobody ever wins and nobody ever changes anyones mind. It's just hollaring back and forth. I'll take this anyday.

Alice, welcome back. Check out my calves on my post about a Sunday Afternoon Ride. I always get a kick out of your responses about calves. You'd think you were looking at babies in the nursery at the hospital. :) Also, hope your grandson gets completely healed up real soon.

Alice":acqlv01b said:
Thanks ya'll! :)

Jo, I'm gonna have my grandson read what you wrote about high school football.

Alice

He won't listen. Or at least mine didn't. Oldest son just got out of the hospital for the second knee surgery. Its going to cause him to have to miss his graduation this year. I asked him if he still thought it was worth it and he said no. Like his dad, he is hard-headed, but he does learn - eventually. :oops:

skyline":3qx4lat4 said:
I gotta tell you, every once in a while I get tempted to let loose with something political on here, but the longer you hang around here, the more you appreciate this as a neutral zone. I've lurked around over there at ranchers enough to know I can't handle that stuff. Problem with the political back and forth is that nobody ever wins and nobody ever changes anyones mind. It's just hollaring back and forth. I'll take this anyday.

Alice, welcome back. Check out my calves on my post about a Sunday Afternoon Ride. I always get a kick out of your responses about calves. You'd think you were looking at babies in the nursery at the hospital. :) Also, hope your grandson gets completely healed up real soon.

OMG! I just got in from driving about 200 miles roundtrip! Where is Sunday Afternoon Ride? I want to see these babies!

Oh, and thanks...my grandson...and his little brother and sisters, are my life... :heart: :heart:

Alice

Thanks, Keren! :)

Skyline, all I can say is I wish I had a pasture full of those beautiful animals. As for Peppy, correct me if I'm wrong, but was he just a bit perturbed the moment you took his picture. Those eyes, those laid back ears...love it!

Thanks for sharing the pics, skyline.

Alice

john250":117z95n2 said:
VanC":117z95n2 said:
Mike, alice and myself have all been spending a lot of time over at ranchers arguing about politics. I'm ready to come back over here if you'll have me. Too depressing over there.

The last thing a Cubs fan needs is more depression. :nod:

:D :D We'll get 'em next year!!

Alice":s2uydwdn said:
Thanks, Keren! :)

Skyline, all I can say is I wish I had a pasture full of those beautiful animals. As for Peppy, correct me if I'm wrong, but was he just a bit perturbed the moment you took his picture. Those eyes, those laid back ears...love it!

Thanks for sharing the pics, skyline.

Alice

Umh, yes, we had just had a bit of an argument in the pasture and I believe he was pouting. I had tied him up to think about it for awhile. The good news is that we both got over it real quick and enjoyed a great ride together. :)

Latest posts