Where'd the money go?

Help Support CattleToday:

A tidbit of tire information.

At the Ford plant in Claycomo, Mo. in the tire and wheel dept. the wheel comes off the conveyor and lays flat on the floor. Then the tire come off the conveyor and lands on the wheel. A robotic arm comes down and lines up the green dots, and rolls the tire onto the wheel. (This get the tire and wheel as close as possible for balance) Then a big funnel comes down and presses against the tire. With an instantaneous blast of air the tire is aired up.

Once in a while a dealer will receive a vehicle and after is sets a while on the lot, will have a tire low on air without a valve stem to refill. The valve stem is not required at the factory and my never be noticed if the wheel is made without one.

Jogeephus":1vh4zhao said:
HDRider":1vh4zhao said:
Jo,
I reread your question. It is a good question. Who did get the money for the fine? Who in the government got that $14,700,000,000?

I was glad to see the owners of vehicles got some money. It seems typical, like in the stock market, for them to uncover fraud and charge a big fine and the stockholders get nothing. So I was glad to see they got something. Did some digging and saw where about $10B went to the owners and the remaining $4.7 went to two "causes". One was something to do with promoting clean diesel.

I guess you can look at this two ways. One they cheated on their emissions and they should be fined. The other is why is the federal government so bent on pushing regulations down companies' throats. For instance, there is a mandate on the books where in 2018 all vehicles including trucks must get at least 50 mpg or the manufacturer will face steep fines. How is this going to be possible when the technology is not there. Will this mean we'll be hauling cattle to the barn in our Priuses? Hey, I'm all for a clean environment and all that stuff but shouldn't we be sensible?

Don't you understand liberal logic? No wonder you have not got your Obama phone. 10 trips to the sale barn with a Prius has to better for the environment than one trip with your gas sucking polar bear killing pickup, after all it is a hybrid and everyone knows that hybrids will save our planet. When you finally come around to the liberal way of thinking do I have a deal for you. For the low price of $4,999 I will part with this beauty to pull behind your Prius.
Your can be happy that your are preventing climate change when you haul your imbalancers to the market. I'll even throw in free co-exist and Obama bumper stickers to put on the trailer since the trailer will be blocking the ones on your Prius.

hillbilly beef man":lsix5jix said:
Jogeephus":lsix5jix said:
HDRider":lsix5jix said:
Jo,
I reread your question. It is a good question. Who did get the money for the fine? Who in the government got that $14,700,000,000?

I was glad to see the owners of vehicles got some money. It seems typical, like in the stock market, for them to uncover fraud and charge a big fine and the stockholders get nothing. So I was glad to see they got something. Did some digging and saw where about $10B went to the owners and the remaining $4.7 went to two "causes". One was something to do with promoting clean diesel.

I guess you can look at this two ways. One they cheated on their emissions and they should be fined. The other is why is the federal government so bent on pushing regulations down companies' throats. For instance, there is a mandate on the books where in 2018 all vehicles including trucks must get at least 50 mpg or the manufacturer will face steep fines. How is this going to be possible when the technology is not there. Will this mean we'll be hauling cattle to the barn in our Priuses? Hey, I'm all for a clean environment and all that stuff but shouldn't we be sensible?

Don't you understand liberal logic Jo? No wonder you have not got your Obama phone. 10 trips to the sale barn with a Prius has to better for the environment than one trip with your gas sucking polar bear killing pickup, after all it is a hybrid and everyone knows that hybrids will save our planet. When you finally come around to the liberal way of thinking do I have a deal for you. For the low price of $4,999 I will part with this beauty to pull behind your Prius. This is such a small price to pay for you to do your part to save our planet
Your can be happy that your are preventing climate change when you haul your imbalancers to the market. I'll even throw in free co-exist and Obama bumper stickers to put on the trailer since the trailer will be blocking the ones on your Prius.

A hybrid? But that's like GMO isn't it? And GMO is BAD so a hybrid must be bad too right?

A coexist bumper sticker you say? Let me think on this a bit and I'll get back to you. :lol2:

Latest posts