Where

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
Where is the post that has the connection on grass farmers mod grazing and a multicultural mix of forage for the cattle. I should have made a favorite but did not. Really wanted to read it again. HELP!

greybeard said:
multicultural mix of forage
Like a mix of Argentine bahia--Chinese tallow--Austrian peas--Japanese knotweed--English ivy--African Star--Indian grass--Sudan and Kangaroo grass?
No it was a link in someones post about three grass growers with a mix of different grasses and rotational grazing with the goal of getting as much carbon in the soil a possible.

greybeard said:
multicultural mix of forage
Like a mix of Argentine bahia--Chinese tallow--Austrian peas--Japanese knotweed--English ivy--African Star--Indian grass--Sudan and Kangaroo grass?
Here is the post I was looking for.

https://cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=120692#p1599975

Is there more info out there on just exactly how these fellers go about what they're doing? More specifically about the seeding and planting varieties/ methods. Very interesting topic.

bball said:
Is there more info out there on just exactly how these fellers go about what they're doing? More specifically about the seeding and planting varities/ methods. Very interesting topic.

you will have to look around, Gabe Brown has a lot of videos - try searching "Gabe Brown videos" or get his contact info and call him up, I understand he is pretty open to talking if he isn't busy (I think he is on the talk circuit now and his kid(s) are running the operation)

I'm twitching from having just read the words "Chinese tallow". Hate those trees. Nice prank.

Is Multicultural Grazing another term for Lazy A** Pasture Management?

Latest posts