Where was BUSH??

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
eric":1njnzvi6 said:
Understood. Just thought that traitor was a strong word and there must be more to it than just the protesting that made you feel that way. Thanks for clearing that up, as stated, I was young and never really learned as much about Nam as I should of.

I don't think Dun and his obviously extreme right wing views should be the one to be teaching you about Vietnam. Kinda like if you got all your news from the Fox news channel. No Spin. ********.

BLACKPOWER":14ysknud said:
dun":14ysknud said:
Campground Cattle":14ysknud said:
Why are y'all getting caught up in thirty year old record. Both of these men served I will not smear either for that. The President before was a draft dodger served two terms. If you didn't live the sixties and seventies you have no idea what the Vietnam issues were. How many of you lost high school buddies, how many funerals did you attend of brave young men that went to serve. This was while we were shooting students on our college campuses. Our returning veterans were spat on.
This country was fighting two wars the one overseas and a civil war at home

Todays issue is who is best to lead our country in the Holy War we are in.

I have made my mind up I have to vote for the man that protects my family and christian values.

Being a trator is like being a queer. If you are you are. Time won't change that. But I would prefer a queer for elected office over a traitor. Like wife beaters, drug dealers and child abusers, they should be taken out and shot.

dun

So every Vietnam vet that questions why we were ever there is a traitor? You are an idiot.

Of course not. Lots of people in uniform question lots of decisions. That was a classic red herring, but it won't work here or anywhere else where people think. As far as Kerry goes, yes he was a traitor.

Traitor: One who betrays one's country, a cause, or a trust, especially one who commits treason.

Treason: Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign, especially the betrayal of one's country by waging war against it or by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies. A betrayal of trust or confidence.

Craig-TX

BLACKPOWER":mbrz653s said:
eric":mbrz653s said:
Understood. Just thought that traitor was a strong word and there must be more to it than just the protesting that made you feel that way. Thanks for clearing that up, as stated, I was young and never really learned as much about Nam as I should of.

I don't think Dun and his obviously extreme right wing views should be the one to be teaching you about Vietnam. Kinda like if you got all your news from the Fox news channel. No Spin. ********.

Precisely which of Dun's comments about Viet Nam is factually incorrect?

Craig-TX

To tell you the truth I'm not overly impressed with either candidate. Their war records the same. I do respect Bush and his willingness tp make a decision in a tough situation, but some of his policies (ie legalizing all these illegals, doing away with the estate tax) I just don't agree with.

Might I ask that when some of ya'll come back to chastise me for saying that I favor an estate tax that you provide your explanation for why it is bad?

As far as Kerry and his policies.....I started buying Hunt's ketchup. They'll be prying my guns out of my cold dead fingers and gay rights should be limited to a one way ticket to France.

JB

Of course not. Lots of people in uniform question lots of decisions. That was a classic red herring, but it won't work here or anywhere else where people think. As far as Kerry goes, yes he was a traitor.

Traitor: One who betrays one's country, a cause, or a trust, especially one who commits treason.

Treason: Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign, especially the betrayal of one's country by waging war against it or by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies. A betrayal of trust or confidence.

Craig-TX

Thanks Craig.

We may not always understand or agree with what the government is doing and that fine BUT we should always support our country. If you don't agree then vote to change it but don't act like a two year old and whine and cry and put up a protest. I guess we'll see what Americans want in the next few weeks.

J Baxter":39yp1z5u said:
Might I ask that when some of ya'll come back to chastise me for saying that I favor an estate tax that you provide your explanation for why it is bad?
I'm almost in a state of shock from hearing that there's a cattleman anywhere that's in favor of the estate tax! I'll try to explain why its bad real quick and easy, JB.

Its nothing but greedy, double-dipping by the federal government! A guy works hard his whole life, sometimes paying up to 50% or more of his earnings as taxes to the federal government. He manages to accumulate a little something with what he has left that he wants to leave to the people he loves, that he has spent his life working for. Then, when he's dead and gone, the federal government wants another big chunk of it.

Do you think that's fair? Do you think that's right? Its taxing you twice on the same income! That is wrong! What's so hard to understand about that?

J Baxter":2ury0t6n said:

JB

A person works all their life and pays their fair share of taxes to build something to pass on to their children and just because they happen to die the government gets half. The government didn't pay for any of it. Why do they get to take something they never paid for or worked for? Doesn't make since to me.

I don't think a person or their family should be penalized for hard work and smart money management.

Tod

BLACKPOWER":36lmu8mi said:
SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":36lmu8mi said:
BLACKPOWER":36lmu8mi said:
Dave":36lmu8mi said:
I was wondering the same thing. All my friends who were sent over there spent 12 to 14 months per tour. I have read where Kerry spent 4 months in country. I have never seen anything about two tours.
If serving in 'Nam is a requirement for being President why was Clinton in office for 8 years? He wasn't even in the National Guard.
Kerry is the one who brought it up that his service qualifies him as a leader. There were thousands of Lieutenants who served in 'Nam. Does that make them qualified to lead the country? How about 19 years in the Senate and only pass two bill where he was the prime sponsor? Does this qualify him to lead? I am not Bush's greatest fan but I don't see where Kerry is in the slightest way qualified. If the people in Mass. were paying attention to him and his record they would have elected someone else to the Senate years ago.
Dave

You guys are impossible. I vote independently, on the guys character, I have not endorsed one guy or the other, I do take offense to people making a mockery of Kerry's service record. For christ sake the man went into combat, shot people and what shot at. Whether or not the man a (D) or an (R) in front of his name is irrelevant. Why do you so vehemently insist on questioning and tearing down Kerry's war record? Could it be because your party is trying to draw attention away from Bush's record (or lack thereof)? I find it petty, shocking and sickening that a man who laid his life on the line for his country should have to defend his military record against a man who was AWOL for duty 8,000 miles away from the front lines.

Bush has never said anything about Kerry's service accept that Kerry's service was more honorable than his own because Kerry went into battle. Bush has questioned Kerry's senate voting record which is good indicator as to where Kerry stands.

Kerry voted for the war.
Kerry then stated that he was against the war.
Then stated he never even read the one page intelligence briefing before voting for the war (now that's leadership).
Then he stated that he would have voted for the war even if he had known there were no WMDs.
Now he is saying that it was the wrong war at the wrong time and in the wrong place.
And just a couple of days ago stated that the war in Iraq was part of the war on terrorism.

Some people are against the war in Iraq and that's fine. I personal agree with it. Iraq will be a democracy. Libia gave up its WMDs the day after Hussein was pulled out of his hole. Countries like Saudi Arabia and Pakistan are now rounding up terrorist. And the terrorist are fighting our armed soldiers off American soil instead of killing our defenseless unsuspecting children, women, and men here at home.

I agree that Bush is spending way too much. There has been a 50% increase in education spending in the last 3 years (a much bigger increase than all eight years of Clinton nothing to be proud of). Throwing money at a problem is not the solution. I would love to see vouchers brought up again. Nothing causes an improvement in a product like having to compete for the dollars that are available.

Love the tax cuts. Nothing spurs on investing, spending, and jobs like money in the hands of the people who are willing to work and improve themselves. Ever recieved a raise to only to bring home less money. My Father has and I bet you at least know of someone. There should not be a penalty for working hard and earning a raise.

Tod Dague":2p88t6lm said:
Bush has never said anything about Kerry's service accept that Kerry's service was more honorable than his own because Kerry went into battle. Bush has questioned Kerry's senate voting record which is good indicator as to where Kerry stands.

Kerry voted for the war.
Kerry then stated that he was against the war.
Then stated he never even read the one page intelligence briefing before voting for the war (now that's leadership).
Then he stated that he would have voted for the war even if he had known there were no WMDs.
Now he is saying that it was the wrong war at the wrong time and in the wrong place.
And just a couple of days ago stated that the war in Iraq was part of the war on terrorism.

Some people are against the war in Iraq and that's fine. I personal agree with it. Iraq will be a democracy. Libia gave up its WMDs the day after Hussein was pulled out of his hole. Countries like Saudi Arabia and Pakistan are now rounding up terrorist. And the terrorist are fighting our armed soldiers off American soil instead of killing our defenseless unsuspecting children, women, and men here at home.

I agree that Bush is spending way too much. There has been a 50% increase in education spending in the last 3 years (a much bigger increase than all eight years of Clinton nothing to be proud of). Throwing money at a problem is not the solution. I would love to see vouchers brought up again. Nothing causes an improvement in a product like having to compete for the dollars that are available.

Love the tax cuts. Nothing spurs on investing, spending, and jobs like money in the hands of the people who are willing to work and improve themselves. Ever recieved a raise to only to bring home less money. My Father has and I bet you at least know of someone. There should not be a penalty for working hard and earning a raise.

Well said Tod. All truth here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts