Where to sell Dexter Bull?

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
OK, I have this Dexter bull that I am done using and I wish to sell him. Not many people go to the sale barn to find a dexter. Does anybody know of a good place to advertise that specializes in miniatures? Thanks.

Depending on where you're at you may just have to settle on Market Price and make hamburger out of him.

I agree, he would make good hamburger and you have to lok at it this way. He will pay himself off with the progeny whenever they start hitting the ground. So, even if you only get around $60.00/100lbs. then that is what you get. Take care.

I would advertise in "Progressive Farmer" or a like magazine.

Or come spring you can advertise in the paper for an"Automatic Self Propelled lawn Mower with reusable emmissions". :lol:

I went to an exotic auction last weekend. Mini cows, horses, and donks along with watusi, bufalo, elk, red deer, audad, and lots of weird, and unusual. :roll: The auction is held 2 - 3 times a year. People came from a great distance to buy and sell. Check your area for one. Even if you have to travel a ways, there will be the buyers that you are looking for.
Good luck, and keep us posted.
Mac

We have some Dexters here along with our commerical red and black Angus and I took a couple Dex bulls down to the barn this past spring.. You will take a bit of a beating on them, say 8-10 cents a pound lower than a larger breed black bull but Dexter bulls don't even sell high to other Dexter breeders unless the color is right or the polled status is.. The supply is just to great because too many people are reluctant to steer the calves..

HOSS, you can contact the ADCA regional director for Tennessee, who might be able to help you (PM me if you need her contact information), or you could do a search for Yahoo groups relating to Dexters. Is the bull registered?

RED registered Dexters command a premium over the black Dexters. Go to the ADCA (American Dexter Cattle Association) for info, links, and listing of Dexter breeders. Very good website.

With Dexters, registered is the key...