Where to purchase synch meds

Help Support CattleToday:

MRRherefords

Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing some heat synchronization meds. I am obviously unable to get it through the internet, so where can I purchase these items such as a GnRH vaccine?

MRRherefords":1ncbrfop said:
I am looking at purchasing some heat synchronization meds. I am obviously unable to get it through the internet, so where can I purchase these items such as a GnRH vaccine?

First, I apologize to correct you but please don't call them vaccines. I know what you mean but that is misleading. They are hormones.

Large animal vets is the best place.

Bright Raven":33va7nfu said:
MRRherefords":33va7nfu said:

First, I apologize to correct you but please don't call them vaccines. I know what you mean but that is misleading. They are hormones.

Large animal vets is the best place.
GnRH and prostaglandin are not vaccines. You will need to use your large animal veterinarian to get a script to purchase. This is another example of the need to develop a patient/client relationship with your veterinarian. The best reason is to develop a herd health regimen that is designed for your herd based on the vets observation of what problems he/she in your area.

We can get some of it like CIDRs online from Valley Vet but we choose to get it (and Lute and GnRH) from our vet. That would be our vet who was so kind as to come see our sick calf at first light on Sun am.
I would assume that any vet would at least be able to order what you need, even if you don't have a LA vet in hollering distance? (Can't imagine there's not one in/near Gettysburg PA).