where to get new front window for Ford 6710

Help Support CattleToday:

cypressfarms

Reaction score
Good news: I'm still alive, although I almost had to clean myself.

The bad news: Was working with the tractor this morning in the farthest back pasture which borders woods. When the hurricane (Gustav) hit three large trees fell on the fence line. Easy enough just cut and pull. A fourth one lost some branches and had a widowmaker hanging down. Lifted the front end loader with bucket way up and tried to push the branch. (This branch had broke clean, but was leaning on another tree). It was too heavy to push completely off. I was able to twist it some so that it would come down.

Don't know how it happened, it happened so fast, but one of the branches came through the front cab window, bursting it and scaring the begeezes out of me. I screamed like Beefy running from a bull. Said branch ended up about 8 inches from my head.

So now I need to replace the front window of the cab. Anyone know of any cheap tractor salvage yards that could help me; and any idea how much it might be?

Thanks Angus Cowman,

Alexander Tractor parts.

$350 new, $250 used - I chose used to match the tractor. Looks like by the time everything is done this escapade will cost $400 or so. Didn't expect my Christmas present to be a windshield for the tractor :(

cypressfarms":10jue1yd said:
Thanks Angus Cowman,

Alexander Tractor parts.

$350 new, $250 used - I chose used to match the tractor. Looks like by the time everything is done this escapade will cost $400 or so. Didn't expect my Christmas present to be a windshield for the tractor :(
don't feel bad I just bought me and the wife a new injector pump for the Dodge for Christmas

o.k. so know the glass is in. The gasket is still intact. Is this something that I could do myself to save money? - the local guy wants $100 to install it for me. If so, any one have some guidelines? I'm decently mechanically inclined...

cypressfarms":33br1kd2 said:
o.k. so know the glass is in. The gasket is still intact. Is this something that I could do myself to save money? - the local guy wants $100 to install it for me. If so, any one have some guidelines? I'm decently mechanically inclined...
neighbor has a 6610 I will talk to him he broke his out this fall and he replaced it
will get back with ya

Never put one in a tractor like yours but I've put in way more than my fair share of rear pickup windows (headache racks are well worth the money). If they are similar, you need to get the gasket out of the cab and put it over the new window, lay a ring of plastic baler twine in the groove all the way around the outside of the gasket with a foot or so of overlap at the bottom. Spray down the gasket surface with WD-40 and get someone (or two folks) to hold the window up against the cab from the outside, starting the seal onto the lip at the bottom. Go inside and pull the string while they push it against the cab and guide the gasket over the lip. Some trucks are a pain but some are easy. If it's not the same setup just ignore everything I said, my wife does.

I have a good front window from a TW-30 that I'd like to sell. Don't know if it will fit though. I have the rubber seal strip too.

Thanks to everyone that posted and pm'd me to help with this. We just finished putting the windshield in, it took less than an hour. Amazing how little tricks like nylon rope being pulled out will let the glass just slip into place. All went well, and thanks again!

Latest posts