Where to find old equipment parts

Help Support CattleToday:

Lisagrantb

Reaction score
I recently picked up an IH/Dresser TD8C crawler and now I need some parts but don't know where to find them, any suggestions. I stopped by the local Case/IH construction equipment store and they said nope maybe try the Case/IH ag guys, nothing there either. What I need right now is the pulley that bolts to the water pump and the blade edge. Anybody know of a good place to order parts from. Thanks

I can find things like water pump, wear parts, sprockets and seats even engine overhaul kits but the things like pulleys, filter mounts or even the blade tilt lever is hard to find. A good heavy equipment salvage yard would be a great place to look, anyone know of a good one?

I find with old equiptment like that there are many generic parts that can be adapted or even bolted straight on. Things like bearings and seals just have to be measured and ordered.

Ken

Water pump pulley should be available. What engine is in it? I bet they used the same engine on the Ag side.
Could just weld a cutting edge on the blade.
One website said D239 engine, but I don't know.
All States Ag Parts lists the water pump. {click here} They also list some other models that might be helpful crossing parts. Lisagrantb, do you know if the pulley is single-spline or mutiple-splined? Picture?

This place has a lot of parts. If you could locate a salvage yard that has one parting out would be good for odd parts like pullies. Local guy has a Ford/NH 3930 torn down that needs a few parts. It has been setting in his shop for at least a month and not able to get parts yet. These companies sell out and the new buyers doesn't make parts for the prior equipment.

One website said D239 engine, but I don't know.
All States Ag Parts lists the water pump. {click here} They also list some other models that might be helpful crossing parts. Lisagrantb, do you know if the pulley is single-spline or mutiple-splined? Picture?
Not sure what you mean about splined. It's a single groove pulley with 6 bolts that attaches it to the face of the water pump. The fan and the pulley are bolted on with the same 6 bolts.

Best wat I have found to find water pump pulleys is to go off the casting number of the water pump. From casting number you can come up with what all that particular water pump was put on then start looking for pulleys or pumps with pulleys for those years models.

Not sure what you mean about splined. It's a single groove pulley with 6 bolts that attaches it to the face of the water pump. The fan and the pulley are bolted on with the same 6 bolts.
This is a possibility and it is available from your Case dealer.
Case IH pulley 3055178R1
You need to decide if it is the correct one. I could not find a photo on the internet, but you can view the parts book online at MyCNHi Store. {click here}
*click the red tractor for Case IH
*model number search box at the top of screen, enter "D-239" and a list pops up and select
D-239 4 CYLINDER DIESEL ENGINE 01/68 - 12/73
*find the page called: D-07 THERMOSTAT AND WATER PUMP, 5000 THRU 5500 WINDROWERS
*the pulley is item #16, p/n 3055178R1

Hope this helps.

Latest posts