Where To Buy Your Gas!

Help Support CattleToday:

greenwillowherefords

Reaction score
Where to buy your gas.
This is very important to know.

The Saudis are boycotting American goods.
We should return the favor.
An interesting thought is to boycott their gas.

Shell.............................205,742,000 barrels
C havron/Texaco.............144,332,000 barrels
Exxon/Mobil....................130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/Speedway........117,740,000 barrels
Amoco...........................62,231,000 barrels

If you do the math at $30./ barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION! It is over $50.00 a barrel as of right now!

Here are some large companies that so not import Middle Eastern oil:

Citgo...................0 barrels
Sunoco................0 barrels
Conoco................0 barrels
Sinclair.................0 barrels
Phillips..................0 barrels
Hess.....................0 barrels

All of this information is available from the Department of energy and each is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing.

REMEMBER WE ARE AT WAR!
WE HAVE RELATIVES IN THE SERVICE RIGHT NOW.
PLEASE PRAY!

Greenwillows Wife

How many of those companies are American Owned? I think maybe Exxon?

Muratic":3nx3anud said:
How many of those companies are American Owned? I think maybe Exxon?

I've been under the impression that Sunoco and Conoco/Phillips were American owned. That may have changed while I wasn't looking though. I know there is a Sun Oil Refinery in Tulsa, and Phillips used to be based in Bartlesville, now Houston.

"The real Greenwillow"

It's an interesting idea greenwillow's wife except that all fuel around my parts is on your first list. I would have to drive an hour to find any fuel off your second list.

To Farmland, "Thats to bad." Our uncle sent us this information, but we don't always get gas at the right ones either. When I have 10 miles left to drive I hate to chance going all the way across town. I think I would rather give them a few dallors of mine then have to face to phone call I would have to make to Thomas telling him I'm beside the road with 3 children out of gas. The I told you so's would last for days. It was interesting to me to read this, so I sent it on to you.

anybody know who cenex is affiliated with????

we need campgorounds help here....

Not to be a wet blanket here, but this "Where To Buy Your Gas" email may be somewhat bogus:

From http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/foreignoil.html

"This chain first surfaced in the days following the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on New York City, and Washington D.C. and immediately appealed to the "if it comes from the middle east, it must be connected to terrorism" mentality of the day. While some more prominent terrorists have been linked in some way to corporate interests, the assumption that middle-eastern companies are bankrolling terrorism just isn't supported by the evidence.

Even when the chain originated in 2001, the data it gave was outdated and misleading. Now, more than four years later, the motivating text of the message has changed and grown, but the "statistics" it provides are unchanged from the original. An analysis of DOE data by About.com's Urban Legend expert reveals that today only three of the stations listed as not importing oil are correctly identified. They are Sinclair, Sunoco and Hess..."

My hat's off to Amerada Hess Corporation if this is still true. They have good stores, cheap gas, and I worked for a company that did work for Hess - always enjoyed dealin' with the Hess boys. Plus they seem to have Diesel at ALL their stations, which is more than I can say for most of the others. And I like their Christmas toy trucks :D

Mike Bishop - http://www.flbullrider.com

Certainly don't mean to be a spreader of false info here. I'll tell my wife to read your post, bullrider.

Does anyone know where Quiktrip gets their gas?

Bull rider, you are right about this. I just looked it up and that is what I found also. I didn't find anything at all under United States Department of Defense. Sorry I put this on here with out checking it out for myself, I will be more careful next time. I did find some interesting information when I was searching. There was a lot of information out there about not buying SUV's because of the gas consumption. Some of the articles went something like this.
"The United States is pressing the Saudis to produce more oil, but the answer is not for the Saudis to produce more, but for the United States to consume less. Even though the OPEC-engineered oil prices hikes have signaled a need to use less oil, the United States has been rapidly expanding its fleet of gas-guzzling SUVs, boosting oil use and imports."
What do you think of this!

What do you think of the new hybrid gas electric engines, such as the Toyota Prius and the Honda Civic.

Greenwillows wife

Diesel-Electric Hybrid Vehicles Diesel power plays a central role in one of the most important new powertrain technologies for reducing vehicle emissions and fuel consumption from heavy-duty vehicles: hybrid-electric technology. Hybrid-electric vehicles (HEVs) are vehicles that are powered both by an electric motor and by an internal combustion engine, including diesel engines. Today's diesel HEVs combine the latest advances in hybrid vehicle technology with the inherent efficiency and reduced emissions of modern clean diesel technology to produce dramatic reductions in both emissions and fuel consumption. Specifically, diesel hybrid technology is being used increasingly to improve the performance of a number of urban transit bus fleets across the country. UNDERSTANDING HYBRID-ELECTRIC VEHICLES The term "hybrid vehicle" refers to a vehicle with at least two sources of power. A "hybrid-electric vehicle" indicates that one source of power is provided by an electric motor. The other source of motive power can come from a number of different technologies, but is typically provided by an internal combustion engine designed to run on either gasoline or diesel fuel. The term "diesel-electric hybrid" describes an HEV that combines the power of a diesel engine with an electric motor. The diesel engine in a diesel-electric hybrid vehicle generates electricity for the electric motor, and in some cases can also power the vehicle directly (See "Series vs. Parallel Hybrids" below). HEVs are fueled just like their more traditional counterparts with conventional diesel fuel. HEVs generate all the electricity they need on-board and never need to be recharged before use. The diesel fuel powers an internal combustion engine that is usually smaller (and thus more efficient) than a conventional engine, which works along with an electric motor to provide the same power as a larger engine. The electric motor derives its power from an alternator or generator that is coupled with an energy storage device (such as a set of batteries or super capacitors).

From what I have heard, California passed a law requiring a certain percentage of all new cars sold must be hybrid.

A few months ago I heard the lawmakers in California are now complaining because with all the new hybrids on the streets the state is not getting enough taxes off the gasoline.

Go figure!!

So what do you think they will think of next if they can't get enough taxes off of the gasoline. What do you think of the natural Gas Hybrids.
Greenwillows wife

greenwillowherefords":3bsdxojb said:
So what do you think they will think of next if they can't get enough taxes off of the gasoline. What do you think of the natural Gas Hybrids.
Greenwillows wife

They are no more efficient, it is pounds of fuel to produce energy. Natural gas is a C-1 hydrocarbon having one carbon and 4 hydrogen molecules. Gasoline is based on a C-8 hydrocarbon having 8 carbons and 18 hydrogen molecules. You have to burn roughly eight gallons of natural gas to equal the energy of one gallon of gasoline. There is no way around it to produce X pounds of energy requires X pounds of fuel.
It goes back to people thinking diesel trucks get better mileage to gasoline. Not true 1 gallon of diesel weighs 8 pounds gasoline 6 pounds. When you pull up tp the pump the diesel driver buys 3 gallons weighing 24 pounds the gasoline driver has to buy 4 gallons weighing 24 pounds the bought energy is now equal we sell fuel in this country by volume not weight.

greenwillowherefords":ybqzj1hi said:
Where to buy your gas.
This is very important to know.

The Saudis are boycotting American goods.
We should return the favor.
An interesting thought is to boycott their gas.

Shell.............................205,742,000 barrels
C havron/Texaco.............144,332,000 barrels
Exxon/Mobil....................130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/Speedway........117,740,000 barrels
Amoco...........................62,231,000 barrels

If you do the math at $30./ barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION! It is over $50.00 a barrel as of right now!

Here are some large companies that so not import Middle Eastern oil:

Citgo...................0 barrels
Sunoco................0 barrels
Conoco................0 barrels
Sinclair.................0 barrels
Phillips..................0 barrels
Hess.....................0 barrels

All of this information is available from the Department of energy and each is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing.

REMEMBER WE ARE AT WAR!
WE HAVE RELATIVES IN THE SERVICE RIGHT NOW.
PLEASE PRAY!

Greenwillows Wife

Lets see to start with Amoco does not exsist bought out by BP.
And if memory serves me correct neither does Sinclair as it was bought out by ARCO who was bought out by BP, they just left the signs up to fool you.
Citgo is the Venazulians real class act here also an OPEC member.
Hess brings it middle east crude into the refining in the Carrebian and imports the finished product to the mainland slave labor rather than provide Americans with jobs as there largest refineries are located in second and third world regions.
Fina is the French and I will have to check on the others.

Campground Cattle":1du9hd8v said:
It goes back to people thinking diesel trucks get better mileage to gasoline. Not true 1 gallon of diesel weighs 8 pounds gasoline 6 pounds. When you pull up tp the pump the diesel driver buys 3 gallons weighing 24 pounds the gasoline driver has to buy 4 gallons weighing 24 pounds the bought energy is now equal we sell fuel in this country by volume not weight.

Interesting, I've heard you talk about this before and always enjoy reading your posts, but I still don't quite understand.

I currently drive a 318 gasoline Dodge Ram, but plan to buy a diesel next time because, my logic is as follows:

If I drove 1000 miles in a gasoline truck and 1000 miles in a diesel truck and got 15 mpg in the gasoline and 20 mpg in the diesel, I would spend the same amount of money if diesel was $0.50 gal higher than gas, plus I would have more power.

Example :
1000 miles / 15 mpg = 66.666 gals gas x $1.50 gal = $100
1000 miles / 20 mpg = 50 gals diesel x $2.00 gal = $100

On the weight side though, I would be using 400 lbs of diesel and right at 400 lbs of gasoline. Guess I'm confused on this issue?

TXBobcat":xn5iwzy2 said:
Campground Cattle":xn5iwzy2 said:

Interesting, I've heard you talk about this before and always enjoy reading your posts, but I still don't quite understand.

I currently drive a 318 gasoline Dodge Ram, but plan to buy a diesel next time because, my logic is as follows:

If I drove 1000 miles in a gasoline truck and 1000 miles in a diesel truck and got 15 mpg in the gasoline and 20 mpg in the diesel, I would spend the same amount of money if diesel was $0.50 gal higher than gas, plus I would have more power.

Example :
1000 miles / 15 mpg = 66.666 gals gas x $1.50 gal = $100
1000 miles / 20 mpg = 50 gals diesel x $2.00 gal = $100

On the weight side though, I would be using 400 lbs of diesel and right at 400 lbs of gasoline. Guess I'm confused on this issue?

You have got it as we sell by volume and not weight diesel is the better buy as you are getting more energy for the same price. Refiners use the term fluffing the barrel through catalytic reactions they actually expand the molecules creating volume that is why fuel is sold by the gallon. There is one process they all have if you charge the unit 60,000 barrels of diesel you get out 68,000 barrels of gasoline the weight in and out is the same but the volume is increased.
You are right on 66 gallons of gasoline weigh = 396 pounds of fuel and the diesel is 400 pounds of fuel. The reason you have more power is diesel has more stored energy because it is based on a C-16 molecule to gasolines C-8 molecule more carbon more energy = more power.
Not to discourage you with the government regs coming in 2006 clean fuels I look for diesel prices to increase as more diesel is converted to gasoline.

Wow Campground, you must have a degree in chemistry. I didn't really understand anything you said, molecules and such. Anyway, I've always thought that if we built more refineries, the price of gas and diesal would go down, not a helluva lot but anything is worth it. I don't understand why the oil companies are not making a stink out of this. I know the environmentalists would make a stink out of this but when it affects the general population with the high price of gas.???????
I guess I'm not hooked up on this whole thing. What about that bio-diesal. Is that really anygood for an engine? Enlighten me please.

Dick

Campground Cattle wrote:
[It goes back to people thinking diesel trucks get better mileage to gasoline. Not true 1 gallon of diesel weighs 8 pounds gasoline 6 pounds. When you pull up tp the pump the diesel driver buys 3 gallons weighing 24 pounds the gasoline driver has to buy 4 gallons weighing 24 pounds the bought energy is now equal we sell fuel in this country by volume not weight.]

You sound very knowledgeable, but I question your stated weight of diesel. According to the Univ. of Mo, #2 diesel weighs approximately 7.1 lbs./gallon.

(Ref: http://muextension.missouri.edu/explore ... g01990.htm)[/quote]

I really wish we could think of a way to get the prices down. I takes me $35.00 to $40.00 dallors to fill up my Mercury Grand Marquis, and I know some of you guys are spending more than that. I think we spend around $250.00 dallor a month. Now thats a lot of money to us! :shock:
Greenwillows Wife

Latest posts