Where to Buy Seed

Help Support CattleToday:

rla442

Reaction score
Where's a good place with online sales to purchase seeds by the pound? I'm in an area where I can't find a local place that sells forage turnip, rape or radishes. Heck, I have a hard time finding even buckwheat in this area. Last year I bought from Seed Ranch but wasn't too impressed with how they charged and cut a shipment when they didn't have the seed in stock. I had to wait and call them every week waiting for seed but they had my money from the time I hit the submit button. Other than that I'll order from them again. I'm running late on getting things ordered here since the weathers been so wet and wondering if anyone had any experience with other vendors.

I mix the seed with winter wheat and plant a few feed plots at the one gun club I belong to and also I use for my pastures. It's my own version of a deer plot seed mix that I use in the pastures too. Deer plot seed is priced way too high unless some has a line on some cheaper stuff.

Welters Seed has a good reputation. I did have one other place I used to order Turnip, rape, and other brassica seeds a few years ago that offered a great price. Unfortunately I can't remember the name. I'll look though my things and see if I can come up with it.

Dogs and Cows":103x27g4 said:
Jogeephus":103x27g4 said:
These people ship, Adams Briscoe and they have a good selection.

Jo, thanks for the link...I take it you have used them and are a satisfied customer?

Tim

Yes. They do a good job and are reliable. Been around a long time and are a good source for some of the more hard to find seed. Their market is primarily those in wildlife management.

Latest posts