Where to buy new cell phone?

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
Wife and I have had the same cell phones for the past 4 or 5 years now and they're starting to crap out, cutting off and locking up, etc. They're Motorola Droid Mini's for what it's worth. We have Verizon service and will stay with them as a carrier, but don't need the latest and greatest newfangled $1000 phones. Is there a place to buy a new "last year's model" so to speak? We'd like to have another Motorola phone, and for it to be as small as possible. I'm not much on refurb anything, and want nothing to do with anything Apple.

Thanks in advance.

I just bought galaxy j3 at best buy for $78 It s verizon,may not last but I figure I can but like 12 of them for what it will cost me to get one with a contract

I bought last two phones off of Ebay. Samsung G5 with otter box for $100 ea. Just make sure their Verizon compatible.

There are some folks you just have to have the latest and the greatest of everything. They will sell their slightly used items at a greatly discounted price. Just have to look.

D2Cat":24dz1owu said:
I bought last two phones off of Ebay. Samsung G5 with otter box for $100 ea. Just make sure their Verizon compatible.

There are some folks you just have to have the latest and the greatest of everything. They will sell their slightly used items at a greatly discounted price. Just have to look.
Wish I had done that a few weeks ago. My phone stopped working and I had to go to Verizon and told the salesman I wanted the cheapest smartphone I could get, after listening to his sales pitch next thing I know I'm walking out with an $800 phone. It does have a shatterproof screen and battery that lasts 2 days but I've bought trucks that cost less than this phone.

Look at verizons refurbed units. A lot cheaper, their website has them

Ebay is just about the least expensive. Their customer service policy is heavily biased towards the customer, you don't have to worry about getting your money back if something isn't to your liking. You can buy them in any condition, new old models, refurbished, used, etc.

The Droid Turbo was the best phone I've ever had. Was still going strong until I broke the screen after 2 1/2 years of abuse. I "upgraded" to a Turbo 2 and its worse in almost every way. Wish I'd have just bought a brand new Turbo on Ebay.

I'll never buy another phone from Verizon. Just too expensive.

Atimm693":268jgzy5 said:
The Droid Turbo was the best phone I've ever had. Was still going strong until I broke the screen after 2 1/2 years of abuse. I "upgraded" to a Turbo 2 and its worse in almost every way. Wish I'd have just bought a brand new Turbo on Ebay.

Had dinner with a buddy last night, and he had one of the Turbo models. Said he loved it and the battery lasted forever.

i run straighttalk with a galaxy phone (100 bucks) it'll do everything, great battery and screen.. gorilla glass.

straight talk is like 45.00/month unlimited. uses verizon towers. I get great service.

wal mart carries this service and phones.

ddd75":1itut31q said:
i run straighttalk with a galaxy phone (100 bucks) it'll do everything, great battery and screen.. gorilla glass.

straight talk is like 45.00/month unlimited. uses verizon towers. I get great service.

Is that with unlimited data?

I'm paying just over $200/month at Verizon for 2 phones and a hotspot with unlimited data and insurance on the phones.
What are y'all paying?

ohiosteve":1z79kuy2 said:
I'm paying just over $200/month at Verizon for 2 phones and a hotspot with unlimited data and insurance on the phones.
What are y'all paying?

I have (2) smartphones and a hotspot with 10-15 Jiggabites (can't remember off the top of my head) and it's $124 per month, no insurance.

JW IN VA":3z3e4tbr said:
Close as you are to UVa you ought to get a deal after all the kids get back with their new toys. :D

That would require me going into C'ville, not gonna happen!

pricefarm":r2rh6bjn said:
ddd75":r2rh6bjn said:

yes.

Verizon website. I do t like having the latest greatest and like you I kept my last phone about 4 years and my wife did too. But if im only getting one every 4 years i dont want to buy one thats already 4 years old when i get it.

ddd75":2mf5b5v5 said:
pricefarm":2mf5b5v5 said:
ddd75":2mf5b5v5 said:

yes.

Unlimited as in 8 gigs high speed after that really slow for $45 month

M & P":1kl5kq4w said:
ddd75":1kl5kq4w said:
pricefarm":1kl5kq4w said:

yes.

Unlimited as in 8 gigs high speed after that really slow for $45 month

i guess if you like to sit around and watch videos all day on your phone non stop for a month you'd need a more 'unlimited' plan.. which is hard to find since most throttle usage after so much..

for the money, for my use, i haven't found anything better.. let me know if you have something better I'll check it out.

also.. i think its 50 or 55 / month and its unlimited LTE.. if you really needed it.

cfpinz":2lejfhqf said:
Wife and I have had the same cell phones for the past 4 or 5 years now and they're starting to crap out, cutting off and locking up, etc. They're Motorola Droid Mini's for what it's worth. We have Verizon service and will stay with them as a carrier, but don't need the latest and greatest newfangled $1000 phones. Is there a place to buy a new "last year's model" so to speak? We'd like to have another Motorola phone, and for it to be as small as possible. I'm not much on refurb anything, and want nothing to do with anything Apple.

Thanks in advance.
I had AT&T.... They pizzed me off so bad with the bills I switched to Cricket which is on the same network, unlimited everything, international as well, $80 for 2 lines, taxes and all, and the best signal I have ever had. I can actually get a signal and on the Internet from the back of the ranch. Have NEVER had that good of a signal with AT&T or Sprint.

Latest posts