Where to buy a cut of prime beef

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
One of my recent "want to do" is to cook up a good cut of prime beef. All I can get from the stores around here is choice, any suggestions, Internet or? And no my farm raised does'nt grade out prime and most likely won't ever, but it's mine!

Just for grins check Amazon.com. The big barbq places ship all over today around here. I'm sure someone would ship you some beef today.

https://www.allenbrothers.com/

i get a box of cowboy cut, dry aged, prime ribeyes from allen brothers every year for christmas. they are without a doubt the best steak you will ever eat. i've never had any of the ultra famous NY or Chicago steak houses, but i've had ruths chris and another place i can't remember. and the allen bro's steak is as good or better.

also, my local hippie grocery chain - Fresh Market (similar to a Whole Foods) always has a selection of Prime, at what i consider to be a reasonable price.

my $.02 - don't spend the money on Prime unless it's a Ribeye.

44farms raises mostly prime beef. They distribute to upscale restaurants and also have a website for consumers. I have had the ribeyes and they were great. They even have prime hotdogs.

Good luck Alan. I had a hard time up there in the northwest finding really good steak. Your fruits and veggies were supreme. Your cull lumber is better than most of our best at the lumber yards. Hydro plants have your electric rates really low.

Essentially, you have many advantages over the rest of the U.S. Steak or beef in general is not one of them.

I can get prime from HEB or I can go to the butcher shop or I can go to the processors. Several choices locally.

True Grit Farms":2wuveg7s said:
http://www.mtmeatco.com/
Here's where I buy our meat, It's a little pricey but worth it. Might be to far of a drive for you though. You don't have a quality butcher shop within an hours drive Alan?
Last week #1 prime CAB ribeyes were $18.lb.

They will ship it to you :nod: Top notch quality just like Grit said.

Thanks for all the replies, believe it or not all of Portland and surrounding area has one quality butcher shop and has a hard time getting prime in.

Latest posts