Where theheck is SOMN?

Help Support CattleToday:

Somn had a post on the board one day last week I believe it was. First one I had seen in a long time. Maybe this is his busy time of the year.

mnmtranching":1alutqbl said:
I need some one to argue with. :cowboy:
I told you we should not have gone to Disney World ~ but would you listen to me???
Now you are in a funk and looking to cloud up and rain on someone.
Poor BossLady.......

We couldn't even get MM off the bus ~ said the squirrels were making eye contact with her, and it gave her the willies.

mnmtranching":1vplf2eo said:

O.k. mnmt, I can't compete with SOMN, but I'll do my best: :cowboy:

Anyone feeding gluten pellets at 50/50 might as well just feed out softened spaghetti or just use tried and true Accuration to achieve desired birthweights and get the job done right!

Does that help? :)

Red Bull, Ummmm...yup. Same exact stuff.
TxB I don't think somn has a busy time of year, he got a new job with the billion dollar types.
Angie, believe me, the BOSS knows the old mnmtrancher purty well. And sorry about parking the bus amongst all those rebel squirrels.
BMB, WHAT you talking about? Why would anybody in their right mind want to soften the spaghetti? Geez. :help: accuration, that word ain't hit our up nort vocabulary, I'll have to consult Angie on the definition.

mnmtranching":2ok34hy6 said:
accuration, that word ain't hit our up nort vocabulary, I'll have to consult Angie on the definition.
Sorry mnmt ~ All the time MM will say to me "So what do you think this means??" and I tell her "I don't MM. They just talk funny."

I think BmB is offering himself as a target. Its a trap for sure..... :help:

mnmtranching":3mfp3dl9 said:
BMB, WHAT you talking about? Why would anybody in their right mind want to soften the spaghetti? Geez. :help: accuration, that word ain't hit our up nort vocabulary, I'll have to consult Angie on the definition.

Soften the spaghetti (carbs/gluten) so it doesn't catch in their throat!! Those Italian resteaurants throw it out all the time. Cheap feed OR is it?

Don't consult Angie as she's busy making chicken feather blankets for the trip down to Disney World in the lime-green VW Microbus. Last I herd she was glueing chicken beaks to one side to use as a back scratcher :shock:

Controlled Intake = Predictable Performance

Accuration®
Protein NPN Fat Fiber Ca P Vit A
Cattle Limiter LW 12.0 1.5 4.0 7.0 .40-.90 0.5 3,000
Accuration GS 400 12.0 2.0 5.0 5.0 .50-1.00 0.5 7,500
Cattle Limiter 1 12.0 2.0 5.0 7.0 .50-1.00 0.7 3,000
Accuration GS 500 14.0 4.5 6.0 5.0 .75-1.25 0.6 8,000
Cattle Limiter 2 12.0 4.5 5.0 7.0 .50-1.00 0.5 3,000
Cattle Limiter 2.5 13.0 4.8 5.0 7.0 .50-1.00 0.5 5,000
Accuration GS 600 14.0 5.0 7.0 5.0 .60-1.10 0.7 9,000
Cattle Limiter 3 14.0 5.0 7.0 5.0 .60-1.10 0.7 9,000
Accuration GS 700 14.0 6.5 8.0 5.0 .50-1.50 0.8 10,500
Cattle Limiter 4 14.0 6.5 8.0 7.0 .60-1.10 0.8 10,500
Accuration GS 800 16.0 7.5 9.0 5.0 .70-1.70 0.9 12,000
Cattle Limiter 5 16.0 7.5 9.0 5.0 .70-1.70 0.9 12,000
Cattle Limiter 6 20.0 9.0 9.0 7.0 1.00-1.50 10.0 15,000

Cost calculator http://cattle.purinamills.com/FeedingCo ... fault.aspx

And consider:
"Several feeding characteristics of CGF (Corn Gluten Feed) have become evident through numerous research trials. Some of these include: 1) a lower net energy for lactation (NEL) availability compared to corn, which tends to vary depending on dietary ingredient combinations, 2) potential feed intake fluctuations when starting cows on diets containing CGF, and 3) a depression in feed efficiency with diets containing high levels of CGF.

The variable energy availability of CGF is an important factor in selecting a dietary level. In general, as the amount of corn silage increases, the energy value of CGF relative to corn also increases suggesting that dry CGF should be fed at lower levels than wet CGF. One of the problems with dry CGF is that it is less digestible (5-10%) than wet CGF. Therefore, cows will generally consume more feed dry matter when fed wet versus dry CGF. However, there is a tendency for intake to fluctuate when starting cows on wet CGF. It is not known whether this is due to the inherent moisture of wet CGF or some other factor. It does suggest, however, that wet CGF should be introduced gradually over a period of two to three weeks to minimize feed intake fluctuations and maintain milk production"
(http://www.ag.ndsu.edu/pubs/ansci/dairy/as1138w.htm)
;-)

Thanks Bmb, That kinda hurt my brain. I don't pay much attention to some study done somewhere by somebody. Sure enough there will be another study showing different results. [happens all the time]
These outfits get grants for a study, and got to come up with something. :cowboy:
I learn things from the mnmt school of hard knocks. Once I do something dumb, good chance I don't go that route again. Right now CGP are cheap so unless I change my mind, next load will be 50-50. :compute:
We can't use liquid up here, it would be a solid block.

mnmtranching":3qycnmat said:
Thanks Bmb, That kinda hurt my brain. I don't pay much attention to some study done somewhere by somebody. Sure enough there will be another study showing different results. [happens all the time]
These outfits get grants for a study, and got to come up with something. :cowboy:
I learn things from the mnmt school of hard knocks. Once I do something dumb, good chance I don't go that route again. Right now CGP are cheap so unless I change my mind, next load will be 50-50. :compute:
We can't use liquid up here, it would be a solid block.

O.k. mnmtranching, that's a good argument, but, Accuration is a dry mix, in a bag. I can see where the liquid wouldn't be functional for you but you might consider the dry Accuration economics versus the C/G. It might turn out that CGP is the best all around deal in the short term but the Accuration might be best in the long run due to the limiters, broad range of ingredients and the reputable AVDG it offers. Something to look into!

angie":3i7j2ofs said:
mnmtranching":3i7j2ofs said:
I told you we should not have gone to Disney World ~ but would you listen to me???
Now you are in a funk and looking to cloud up and rain on someone.
Poor BossLady.......

We couldn't even get MM off the bus ~ said the squirrels were making eye contact with her, and it gave her the willies.

Angie, I don't have a clue what you are talking about, but that is funny as heii! :lol2: :lol2:

skyline":2fljxol2 said:
Angie, I don't have a clue what you are talking about, but that is funny as heii! :lol2: :lol2:
If I had a nickle for everytime I heard that I could buy me a fancy egg scrambler.....

Egg scrambler? Yup I for one am getting REALLY tired of using the fork method. :welcome:

angie":1ev0ysg6 said:
skyline":1ev0ysg6 said:
If I had a nickle for everytime I heard that I could buy me a fancy egg scrambler.....

Fancy egg scrambler???????????????????????? I give up! I get those 20% off coupons for BB&B and like all those gadgetst. Never have seen a fancy egg scrambler. Is it motorized? How does it work?

BeefmasterB":9wje9rtw said:
angie":9wje9rtw said:
skyline":9wje9rtw said:

Fancy egg scrambler???????????????????????? I give up! I get those 20% off coupons for BB&B and like all those gadgetst. Never have seen a fancy egg scrambler. Is it motorized? How does it work?

Fancy egg scamblers ain't cheap. The one i have right now is beautiful. She is very tiny and pretty with a beaudacious figure. I am not sure how to explain how it works, but you encourage her go into the kitchen in the morning after dancing all night at the local club. Tell her you sure would like some coffee and kind of muffle to her you are a little hungry...maybe for some toast and....errrr.....something light on the stomach with allot of protein....

BeefmasterB":23u1jcc2 said:
Before this gets too ugly let me clarify. A fancy egg scrambler has actually an arsenal of uses ~ most of which I am not yet privy to (as I am not so much into gadgets (though it turns out more than I might have guessed)). But one of the better ones is that it can be used to make an astoundingly fantastic meringue. It is motorized, yes. I have never actually seen anyone use it to make meringue, but I have heard that it is so from a reputable source who reports they find it handy in the kitchen.

Maybe I will tell you all more about the trip south. For sure it was a clash of culture involving more than cryptic squirrels, but that is for another time. I will tell you about CKC next. :lol2:

Angie, if my sweet bride of 19 years would make a pie with meringue on it, I would buy her all of the high faluting gadgets that she wanted or needed! You might just drop a few hints... :D

Latest posts