Where oh where has my creep feeder gone?

Help Support CattleToday:

TCRanch":3eygh2lm said:
pricefarm":3eygh2lm said:
Lol. I had one like that. It ended up in the middle of a pond.
With the cow still stuck in it?

No she some how got out. She was soaking wet from head to toe and was cut up pretty bad. My neighbor saw the whole thing happen and called me and said that the cow was stuck in the feeder and was in the pond. By the time I got there she had got out her self. It happen in the dead of winter.

pricefarm":32yho2sd said:
TCRanch":32yho2sd said:
pricefarm":32yho2sd said:
Lol. I had one like that. It ended up in the middle of a pond.
With the cow still stuck in it?

No she some how got out. She was soaking wet from head to toe and was cut up pretty bad. My neighbor saw the whole thing happen and called me and said that the cow was stuck in the feeder and was in the pond. By the time I got there she had got out her self. It happen in the dead of winter.
Woah! That could have ended badly!

Yes it could have the cow looked like she had been through a war she was wore out layed around the rest of the day by herself and moved pretty slow for a few days.

We had a first calf heifer that calves early get in one this spring and couldn't get out. We think she was in it at least a day. Couldn't turn around. We used the bale arms to lift the entry side up so she could get out. She got partially back in a week later. Lowered the top bar a bunch and it stopped. She was dmsller due to calving early. She has grown a bunch this summer. So hoping no more issues.

Had a heifer turn a bale ring over, stuck in it last winter , cold as the devil, don't think she would have survived another day . Just one of those feelings that I went out there that day.

snoopdog":fyetlxnn said:
Had a heifer turn a bale ring over, stuck in it last winter , cold as the devil, don't think she would have survived another day . Just one of those feelings that I went out there that day.

its best to listen to your feelings